Woodbury Hunt Near Coshocton Ohio

bnccont

The Hunt Is on March 10th I am not sure where we will meet just yet.I am going down on Feb 24th to do some scouting and if anyone is interested in joining me meet me at McD's on 541 and 2nd street at around 8:30 am on the 24th of Feb.
See ya there

Bill

A buddy and I may come down from Akron.

I have never coyote hunted at Woodbury.

Can someone point us in the right direction if we make the trip ?

I'm still gonna try to make the 24th Bill! Don't count me completely out yet. You should have at least one person in there with you in these conditions. Be Safe & I'll let you know closer to the 24th.

Coot-- 77S to 36W. Then StRt541N to Woodbury.

I'm glad to hear that Bill. I'm gonna try to make it. I just have to wait & see how a few other things are gonna work out 1st. I may not make the hunt on the 10th but I wouldn't mind scouting around a bit with a couple other fellas. It would be cool to have several people show up so we could split off. 19,000+ acres is more than I'm gonna try to cover in one day.

Quote:
I'm still gonna try to make the 24th Bill! Don't count me completely out yet. You should have at least one person in there with you in these conditions. Be Safe & I'll let you know closer to the 24th.

Coot-- 77S to 36W. Then StRt541N to Woodbury.

I've hunted Woodbury a few times and attended a few dog trials there....just never for coyotes

I hope this works out.

I printed some public land maps last night. 56,000+ acres within 1 1/2hrs of my house. There is a ton of public land to hunt all across the state. Jockey Hollow & Woodbury are both around 40-45 minutes for me so whats a few more miles for all that ground. Adding the public land to the private land I now have around 67,000acres. I don't mind driving at all.

Coot-- I misunderstood your question. Sorry.LOL I have a map. If I think of it I'll see if I can find a printer big enough for a couple copies.

For anybody interested in going to Woodbury contact the ODNR & request....
------------------------------------------
"Publication #43--Woodbury Wildlife Area"
------------------------------------------

They will send you a free map with the County & Township roads on it plus the designated parking areas & there are a few private parcels among Woodbury as well. They are identified on the map as blank spaces. You have to park at the designated parking areas also. These are all listed on the map. It shows all the ponds too. About 130 of them in various sizes.HTH

Quote:
Adding the public land to the private land I now have around 67,000acres.

That's great for you, buddy. How come you've never called me? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif

Rudy-- I just found most of it on the internet last night!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I'll shoot you a link to look for some up around you. You might find something closer for those days when you want to get out but just don't have the time to drive to JH.

Quote:

Coot-- I misunderstood your question. Sorry.LOL I have a map. If I think of it I'll see if I can find a printer big enough for a couple copies.

Your efforts are certainly appreciated.
I've got maps of Woodbury and have scouted it extensively (for turkey)so I'm not completely blind about the area but I wouldn't have a clue where to begin to look for coyotes.

Maybe Boone and I will come down Saturday and scout and then make a few sets sometime Saturday and early Sunday.

I'm good for the 10th, still do'nt know about this weekend though.

Bill, I'll let you know for sure by the end of the week.

Back