Another night hunting question from SD

d2admin

Administrator
My father-in-law owns a ranch in the middle of SD. He has some good yote hunting. He lives about 1-1/2 hrs. away. In this situation, I could get away with using an artificial light, since it's my father-in-law's land. My question:

I'm trying to imagine how I would go about this. I have a couple hay bales that are stratigically placed on the tops of a couple draws. If I were laying ontop of one of these bales and I was calling, how would I know that a yote is near so I could turn the light on and shoot him? If I turn the light on and there is no yote, doesn't that pretty much ruin the hunt?

Thanks for the info.

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

If you had a red light on your rifle,turned on and use a caller you would see the yote (if ones around to here the caller)and be able to watch him walk up and into your Kill zone...

The red lens is the leased light to bother the yote, once you see the yote try not to shine directly into the yotes eyes, if you do, most will know there being tracked,depending how far he is away from you,use the sides of the light as he comes toward you.......Red is ideal....less shy with amber lens..........and running the other way with a clear lens............

good hunting..........Rick

Yor LightForce Lights dealer at www.tufflights.com

Originally posted by BJanecke:
[qb] might wanna check what caliber rifle you can use at night, im pretty sure its no bigger then 22 caliber, but im not positive [/qb]
You know, I think you may be right. Rim fire, anyhow. Might have to get me a 22 mag.

Jeff

Back