using red dots or lasers on coyotes

To be honest, I can't remember specifically...Cabelas has them, you just have to make sure you get one that has windage and elevation adjustments. The pressure switch is a little harder to find. All told, be prepared to drop $150+. Drop me a PM and I'll see what I can do to get you the info.
You can also find a lot of useful AR info on AR15.com.

I have bought every red dot known to man in an attempt to find a good compact mount for my shotgun for upland hunting. Having said that i also hunt with a 16in bushmaster carbine. What i found with the red dots are,you get what you pay for. For durability and an overall tough [beeep] sight there are really about 4 or 5 options.

My personal favorite for yotes is my Aimpoint Comp ML2 its a 2x magnification with a 2moa dot and battery lasts for 10,000 hours. Downside to this site is its $500 dollars and the mount for it is about $100. this site is good for me to about 300 yards and my hit is about 70%, at 200 and under its a cake walk. Aimpoint compml2

My second choice is the Dr optics red dot or the Jpoint red dot they run about $325-$490 and will mount to any picatiny rail. These dots are super fast and the battery will last forever it feels like. They both are a very low profile site and are all metal. They are used in the military mounted on top of a scope or acog. Dr optics
Jpoint

My third choice is the eotech. This sight comes in a ton of configurations from battery size to color. Its a fast dot and easy to operate with a good battery life. Eotech site

My last is the burris speed dot and the fastfire red dot these are pretty close copies to the aimpoint and the dr optics burris site Fastfire

My ultimate combo would be a nice scope for distances over 300 for a slower on sight time with a small low pro red dot like the dr optics jpoint or fastfire mounted to scope rings like the ones in the following link scope ring for red dot mount. you could use the red dot for fast on sight action under 300 and for those longer slower shots use the scope.

Remember you get what you pay for in quality and ruggedness when buying a red dot and or scope. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Back