Zaleski envy ? east ohio guys look here

kurt1022

O.K. these Zaleski guys got me jelous, I'd love to go but just to far.

How many would be interested in a hunt at say woodbury, egept valley, or salt fork.

I'm in columbiana co. so even thats a poke for me but I'd be willing to give it a go if there is intrest.

Only went that far so as to have some room if we get a bunch of us.

Any and all thoughts, suggestions welcome.

If only a few interested we could pick some place closer and smaller.

Let'er fly boys ( and gals ) lets here what ya think

I might be interested in this I live in Coshocton Co never been to these places where are they located I have pretty good idea where Salt Fork is

Bill

Woodbury is around coshocton, saltfork is at saltfork lake off rt.77, and egypt valley is around and south of piedmont lake off rt.22 or rt.70

Bill-- Woodbury is on both sides of St Rt 541 out of Coshocton heading West. There is a gun range there. It's on the left coming toward Coshocton. There is a gate just off the road on top of a hill & it's easy to miss. Go back in there & you can get a map. I think Egypt Valley is below Barnesville if I'm not mistaken. Where are you at in Cosh. Co??

Hey guys we could also try Jockey Hollow Wildlife area in Harrison county. It is along US22 about 8miles west of Cadiz. I have never hunted this area, but there is a lot of ground to cover. I would be interested in Salt Fork also, not far from me in Harrison County.

I have hunted jockey hollow, good area. and its only about 2 miles from egypt vally.

R. Toker where at in harrison ?

Last edited:
Bill -- I was just thru Baltic 2 weeks ago. We went to Todd Kindlers & the outdoor shop in Charm. If we go to the Cadiz area you can park around here & I'll take us the rest of the way. It's 35 miles from my house to there. I'm thinking I'll be in So Illinois the weekend of Feb 23/24/25.

kurt1022,

I live in Scio, which is in Northern Harrison County, not far from the Carroll county line. As I said I have never hunted at Jockey Hollow, but I have pulled a ton of marijuana plants from Jockey Hollow during eradification operations. Seems like it should be a good area for calling, lots of wild territory out that way!!!!

You're the guy that stole my stash!!!!!!!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

JH is a nice place. I've been out there a couple times with badtothebone & twice by myself. There is sign everywhere & I can get them to howl but not respond yet. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif

Sure thing Bill. You can ride along with me. I live 2 miles from St Rt 36.

Very interested, i'm from columbiana county. heading to coshocton the 10th after that weekends open.. killed big male last thurs.. called in four red fox tonight.. It's perfect conditions

Someone pick a date and get this thing goin'. I work midnight on Friday nights so I would like to know a little ahead of time so I can take a Friday night off to be available early Saturday morning with some sleep. Feb. 17, Feb. 24, Mar. 3????

Hey guys, I live in the Dayton, Ohio area but wouldn't mind the drive out east. I was planning on hunting this weekend. Zaleski or maybe brush creek in Scioto county. I've seen plenty of coyote out there while deer hunting.

O.K. guys I could go anytime but march 4, (I have to go to a fur auction in kent that day, I got 174 coon hides I got to get rid of )

I could go to any of the places suggested, so you guys throw out some dates and the place and we'll get the ball rolling.

Back