2 specific scope comparisons...

jephs422

Okay, so here's my dillema. I am replacing my Nikon 6-18x40 on my Savage because, well, cause I want to. I'm hung up between two replacements.

The first is the Nikon 6602. 6.5-20x44 with illuminated reticle. I don't neccesarilly need the IR, however, I can get a screaming deal on it. I know it's a great scope, but 90% of my hunting is at night, and I'm kinda hung up on replacing my current scope with a 50mm objective. Unfortunately Nikon does not make any Monarchs with a 50mm objective in anything more powerful than a 10x. Also, with the way my eyes are, the short eye relief of my Buckmaster has me a little worried that it will be the same on the Monarch. I have a Bushnell Banner that is very forgiving with the eye relief and makes finding my target very easy at night.

second choice is a Bushnell Elite 4200 4-16x50. I can tell you that my Nikon is a LOT clearer than my Bushnell Banner, however, I know the banner is low end. Heck, the Buckmaster is lower end compared to the Monarch too though. I like the 50mm objective and it makes for a larger exit pupil, although both scopes claim 95% light transmission. I do kinda like the lower initial power of the Bushnell for faster target aquisition, but I don't know if I'll miss having that extra 4x or not.

If I had to buy one blind, it would be the Nikon, however, not sure what to do

Back