Coyotes: Love Them Or Hate Them?

I have been outsmarted and laughed at by coyotes to many times to hate them. the sound of their howl the look in their eye when coming to a call it is the only thing in life that really makes me tick.

I HATE them!! They won't leave me alone. They even have one watching, guarding me!!

Almost every day I see him!! He just stares! I try to load a real exterminator round, and he's already ahead of me, hovering there beside my reloading bench, watching......
He already knows what I am loading and planning, and I feel in my bones that he has his counter plan hatched even before I get finished loading my "Secret Weapon".

I get the feeling that I can never win!!

He will always be there, taunting me.........

View

------------------
Critr
www.SaguaroSafaris.com
predatorlogo3jpg.gif

http://www.predatormasters.com/

Oh Critr , let me ease your pain.

Just leave your rifle in the truck next time we go out and I think I might have the remedy!

That is if you can get em in this side of 300 yards.
tongue.gif

I am having heck with these smiley things!

[This message has been edited by Craig Hamilton (edited 04-10-2001).]

Man alive Songdogger, a fella has one weak moment and your like a bunch of pirhannas!

I think I better go out in the morning and whack something just to make sure I havent lost my mojo.

As a matter of fact that is a dang fine idea! thanks for bringing it up.

I'm one of those who live on a ranch also. I've seen what coyotes can do to livestock. But I don't hate them. I shoot 'em when I see 'em, and I call 'em when I get time. I don't think I love them either. I like to watch coyotes when I don't have a rifle with me, even while I'm regretting that I left the rifle home. I guess I don't really know how I feel about them. If this isn't wishy washy, I don't know what is.
smile.gif

I'm not sure that I love 'em. Or hate 'em. Or if it's that I love to hate 'em, or just hate to love 'em.

One thing is for sure, I do respect them!! Hunting the coyote during the last 25 years has given me more challenge and pleasure than just about anything I can think of. It would be a sad thing indeed to not have them around anymore.

Daryl

You've got to love what a coyote stands for,the cunning, the wileyness,the adaptability, the lone suvivor trait. How he's prospered regardless of the destruction of all wildlife habitant brought about by the expansion in civilization and human habitation.

Imho he stands right there with the big cats and the wolves at the top of the food chain. He's smarter than the deer, more elusive than the turkey, he asks for no quarter and gives none.

If I had to eek out a living under the conditions that the coyote thrives in,

I'd walk down main street with a sign hung round my neck, "SHOOT ME PLEASE"!

------------------
Lastshot

At last count the coyotes had 3 of my calves and the lions had 2. So to answer whether I love them or not, the answer would be yes I love them,I love to see them in my scope and watch them drop. They are a very wonderful hunter however so one has to admire there ability. Called 1 in today but he never would come close enough.

RE. . .

Hooooowdyyyyy!

Welcome to Predator Masters...

Considering your association with predators, I can see why you love to see them in your crosshairs....
wink.gif

------------------
yotewalk.gif

Back