swift scopes

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gifI have 2 & I really like them. For the money they are very good quality scopes that are clear. Adjusting the ocular focus is touchy but effective.

Which scope are you looking at. I have a 6-18 I would part with. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I was looking at the swift 205-669 spr mildot AO 6x18x44 without the target turrets which one do you have and how much$

I have a 4x12x50 and am very pleased with it, but I just hac something come loose inside. I called Swifth tech and all he did was ask for my adress and told me I would have a new scope in a week, just send old scope to him. I also have 2 of the 3x9x40 cheaper swifts (100.00) I do not care for them. The premium line (200.00) scopes are very clear and bright. The scope that broke was 12years old.

From what I've heard, they specialized in medical (optical) instruments for a long time before delving into sporting optics.

Their "Eaglet" binocular is one of the most highly regarded compact 7x binocular out there in it's price range (under $300)

Sounds good to me.

For the money, Swifts are hard to beat... and thier customer service is second to none. A lifetime, no questions asked, over the counter exchange or direct ship back, is the best warrenty out there. I just took one back to a local store that I had for 11 years... the outside was all scratched up and the adjustments had just been worked to much from being mounted on 6 different rifles... I handed them the old scope and they handed me a new one in the box.

Try that with any other brand of scope in that price range...

yotedog-- I have the SRP669M 6-18x40AO. It does not have the target turrets & it has the Niko-Plex style reticle. It has a very light ring mark on it as well. Barely noticeable. I will ship it to the Texas panhandle for $165 insured. I would just like another 4-12 like is on my FireBall for my 17HMR. Let me know. The cheapest I found this scope on line was around $250. I would have to go back & look. Here it is. Just scroll down.

http://www.dowdlesports.com/catalog/guns/swiftsale.htm

Last edited:
thanks alot for the offer but i have my heart set on the mil-dot reticle i do appreciate the offer, you mentioned the nikon scopes are you a fan of them i have three of there scopes a love them but i wanted something a little cheaper for the pocket book this time but they are truely a great scope.

I shot with a swift scope for quite a few years and my brother still does. They are very good scopes for the money...The only thing that I didn't like about mine is that when compared to other more expensive scopes that I had, it didn't allow near as much light gathering in low light periods...but that is to be expected with the lower price. I still have the scope and would feel very conifdent in putting it on one of my rifles if I ever needed it.

I don't think you would be disappointed with the Swift as long as you understand that it is not a high dollar scope.

I have 2 Nikon 4x Prostaffs on rimfires & really like them a lot. One is for coon calling at night & it seems to work rather well for my tired eyes. The other is on my squirrel 22LR rig.

I shoot Leupolds, but have friends that have tried the Swift scopes. Have heard mixed blessings so far, but there is another one that everyone is talking about. An NCstar. The one I've seen seems clear, and it has held up to a 300 Winchester Mag pretty well and are a damn sight cheaper than the Swift scopes.

I have a swift premiere that I like just fine. I recently purchased a mildot mueller which I much prefer. The glass is clearer and the turret clicks are way more defined, my swift is very swampy on the turrets in comparison. Im building another rifle and anticipate either another mueller or stepping up to a bushnell. The swift I have is great *for the money* and dont imagine anyone being too realistically disappointed based upon that criteria however you might consider mueller which is around the same price point and IMO wins the toss up between the two.

FYI, Ive never beat on either in the bush, just target bench shooting so I cant really comment on long term durability.

Back