An Inconvenient Truth

Quote:
The presence of man on this planet is so insignificant, I've heard this phrase and I think it really does offer insight:

"Man is like a pimple on Mother Nature's butt, annoying but insignificant!" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Well, each man to his own opinion of himself /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I've been a fan of Fred Singer ever since I ran onto his writings a number of years ago!
thumbsup.gif

Thanks for your input. As a "moderator," your position is one of status here, yet as a MODERATOR do you not feel you have exceded your bounderies as a MODERATOR? Merriam-Webster. Main Entry. "mod-er-ra-tor."

BG, I was not addressing you. My apologies. I was addressing nmleon on the first paragraph of his last post. I thought I directed my post to nmleon? SS56/VET.

SS56 are moderators not also members of the board? Are they not allowed to provide opinons and information. He made a very good point. The politicians like to have the american people in fear. Fear allows them to do things/pass laws that otherwise would be ridiculous. Prime example is the brady bill. The same fear can be used to pass environmental laws.

Yes i believe that polution is a problem and that man can have negative effects on the environment. But I do not believe that we are the primary cause of global warming or that the world will end in 100 years. Temperatures on the this planet are not garunteed. You may have a warm winter here and a dry winter else where, then you have areas where the snow fall is record breaking. I was in a stand at first light this weekend. The temperature reading was -19, not much warming there.

The main point is yes we should be worried about our energy consimptions and we should be exploring alternatives to fossil fuels. It will be a great day when someone finally figures out cold fusion. But the government should not make mandates based on scientific gueses.

The main point is yes we should be worried about our energy consimptions and we should be exploring alternatives to fossil fuels. It will be a great day when someone finally figures out cold fusion. But the government should not make mandates based on scientific gueses.

Yes, I agree with you on that to a point. As far as moderators being members of the board and discussion. Of course!! BUT as moderators they are obligated to use restraint. Since nmleon has not responded to my post-------I am assuming he has nothing more to say on this matter. And neither do I. Continue with this discussion without me. That is my last word on the matter. SS56.

Back