?'s for scatologists

Crunch

Yesterday, I went to a new location and did some calling. Walking in, on an old logging trail I saw two different piles of scat. It was about as big around as your thumb and as long as your index finger. Just one piece of scat at each location approx 400 yards apart. It had a hint of fur in it. I am guessing fox as they are pretty abundant here. Is that a safe guess?

Red fox, generally very dark[Blackish] & tapered on the ends[like a joint] /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif. About the diameter of your pinky finger.

Coyote, generally larger about the diameter of your index finger. Gray or Blackish stool, tapered ends.

hole huffing poo-ologist kirby /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kirby, thanks. Was tapered on one end. There are a few yotes there as some were taken during deer season. It was blackish/grey in color. I'll give it a try in a couple weeks and hopefully connect with whatever is leaving me calling cards to come back to. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
I need to get some coon sounds from FoxPro as it looked like a great spot for coons as well.

Crunch,

If coulda been left by a Monkopotmus. They've been known to Kamakazi predator callers. Take lots of ammo /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif.

Back