Jersey duckin

JerseyDogs

Got the call from my huntin buddies last night ( greg senior young greg and gunner) to see if I was available to do some huntin. After I got done with their call my mom called to tell me pop got rushed to the hospital and they had no idea what was wrong so it was back and forth with the Hospitol so I was about ready to call it off and mom called to say pop was fine and they found a serious urinary tract infection but with a load of antibiotics he'll be fine, so the hunt was on.
Wind howlin, rainin perfect duck weather get to the lake and no wind flat calm, huh whats up with that oh well. got set up well before shootin time. A few birds landed in spread to dark they took off. shootin light fog comes in still flat calm. Birds were flyin but they took for ever to commit just too still and we left the jerk cord in the shed wont do that again. We ended up killin 5 birds balcks and mallards, Had a good mornin with good friends laughin and bustin on shootin ability. The birds were very skittish they would make 6 or 7 passes before they would commit or flare. I am proud of my callin today they responded well to my sequence and sounds many a time they looked like they were headin away and I brought back for another look. As it always is as soon as we started to pick up we had more birds takin a look, but we had already commited to leavin. Oh well, thanks for your time. Tim

Back