Fox Shooting Last Night

Eddiev

Well i just got home from my GF's parents place where i had a chance to head out and try a little spotlighting. since it was nearly a full moon we headed out nice and early and also because my GF had something to do today(sunday).
So driving out after about 15 mins we finally saw some eyes and stopped broke out the whistle and gave it a blast trying to coax the fox in a little closer. Scanning around while waiting we picked up 3 more sets of eyes all just hanging around. After a while it became more like a shooting range then anything else as more and more foxes turned up......end total was 5 foxes dead and a total of atleast 11 seen from the one spot and possably 14 as some might have been the original 11 seen again once they moved. 3 Of the foxes were head shot and one came in so close i had to yell at it to stop its run. Two of the foxes were shot 6 steps apart of each other, This is the first time i have seen a fox actually walk over towards a dead fox and just hang around. I literally couldnt beleave that the foxes hung around/kept coming in after i started firing. I shot one at an unknown distance but even my GF couldnt beleave i hit it since i could barley see it through the scope, then bugger me is another fox didnt cross from one paddock to another and walk right over to the fox that was shot there although i missed the second fox.
Over all a great time i just wish i had the .22-250 so i could have nailed the ones that were a little to far out for the .22 Hornet but i supose you cant always have everything.

Total time away from home one and a half hours. Left at 9pm and arrived back home at 10:30

I have some photos i just have to wait until finish the film then ill post them.

------------------
Wayne

Homepage : http://www.clix.to/eddiev
Email: lilozboy@hotmail.com

"Hold Steady Make the first one count"

[This message has been edited by Eddiev (edited 03-02-2002).]

wow you were really slaying them over there it sounds like. The button wistle must really work!

------------------
have fun and shoot straight
brad

Back