scope lights....

whiley

Night blaster offers a light that mounts on your scope, and i was wondering if anybody has one and if it last very long before the battery goes dead..

I don't know whether that light is 6 or 12 volt. I've used a 12v, 300,000cp "ATV" light before. It has the same scope mount that the "scope" light has on it. Just 100k cp brighter. Mine would run all night on one 12v gel cell battery.
If I were you, I would plan on using a handheld light to shine with and use the scope light to shoot with. If you swing the gun while scanning for eyes, it's a good possibility you'll be busted before you get the light on 'em. Just my experience.

Check out www.huntsmart.com
go to the nitelight section and do a search on scope light. You should also find the ATV light, for more info.

[This message has been edited by songdogger (edited 03-02-2002).]

Wouldn't you scare them off by turning off the light you are scanning with and then turning the one on on your gun? How bad would you scare them if you waite until they are in range and then hit your scope light.

I turn on the scope light while I have them lit up with my handheld, then I put down the handheld. It's a pain, but you do what you gotta do. Don't ever take the light off of 'em once they're lit, though.

Songdogger is right that is sort of what I do. I purchased a cheap camera tripod then mounted a one million cp light on it that works off of the truck batt. I leave it on all the time just with a halo of light shining when I get eyes in close enough and know what it is I click on my scope light.
My scope light is a nightblaster 250 yard light it works off of a 6v batt. it only last somewhat over an hour if you use it constantly but additoinal batt. are about 10 dollars here.

------------------
Don't miss!

Back