Full moon hunting

J Brad

Last night Dad and I went out and made 3 stands. The first stand was in a big open wheat field. Almost as soon as I started calling I caught eyes out to my right. I called for 45 seconds, or so, as the coyote made it's way around downwind of us. It stopped straight downwind at about 150yds. Dad took a shot at him but it was through some pretty thick grass, I thought he had hit him at first but it turns out he missed. I kept on calling after the shot and in about 3 minutes we had another coyote coming in. It was coming in from the opposite direction and circling down wind. It was out around 350yds. He came up along a little terrace and we lost sight of him and didn't see him again. After a few more minutes we pulled forward to look for the coyote Dad had shot at. We walked around looking for 5-10 minutes and the got back in the truck. As I sat down I flipped on the spotlight and saw eyes out in the field to our right more than 400yds away cross wind of us. I hit my Burnham Bros. as hard as I could ad it heard me. It came on a line straight for us. It got about 75 yds from the truck then circled down wind. It came with in 25yds before my dad dropped it with his .22-250. Our second stand didn't produce anything, and our third stand only produced a house cat.

Dad%20Coyote.jpg

Later,
Justin

------------------
My pics
My web page

Nice job Jbrad!!!!!!!

------------------
Take a few coyotes and a High Chair and woman that can run an AR15 and you have it all!!!!

David Neff

On your second and third stand the critters must have seen that "white" pickup. hehehe

------------------
Coyote Howler

[This message has been edited by Coyote Howler (edited 02-27-2002).]

That little poke was brought about from a discussion about hunting from a white truck. I don't think it would matter if it glowed in the dark out around the M/O area.

Back