ILLuminated Scope

Neffquail

Purchased a New Leupold 3.5x10 illuminated mildot recticle scope to replace the 3x9 that was on my Les Baer and so far have liked the way it has performed. Have not shot any coyotes yet but did do a little rabbit testing and for me anyway with it turned on to about 6-7 illumination range target aquisition was very quick and very clear. I know some have told me about problems with the illuminated reticles but decided to go for it anyway, so far so good.

------------------
Take a few coyotes and a High Chair and woman that can run an AR15 and you have it all!!!!

David Neff

Did you shoot the rabbits at night? Can't you turn off the illumination, anyway? I would think the illuminated reticle would be nice in dusk and dark conditions, but maybe too bright in complete darkness. If it can be turned off, that would be the best of both worlds. See ya'!

All tests so far were in complete darkness (well Half moon showing) but at night and the Leupold functioned great. the setting I found to be most appealing was 5-7 range this was bright enough to see the cross hair very well but not so bright that that was all you saw, the range is 1-11 and 1 I can`t see any illumination and 11 is getting on the bright side.
Yes this scope works like a regular scope when not turned on or when it is 2 bright outside to see the illuminated crosshair. Whats really neat is that the only thing iluminated is the crosshair not anything else and the size of the part thats illuminated is about the size of this(+) so far it was great on rabbits as I wanted to give it a good test run before unleashing it on coyotes.
All shooting done under red light also.

------------------
Take a few coyotes and a High Chair and woman that can run an AR15 and you have it all!!!!

David Neff

[This message has been edited by Neffquail (edited 02-23-2002).]

[This message has been edited by Neffquail (edited 02-23-2002).]

That sounds like the berries! Best of both worlds there. That's what I'd like to be able to do with my VXIII 4.5-14. It's not too bad without the IR, though. Now get out there and shoot some coyotes!

Hey did you see the groups that Swift shot?
Think that's good enough for those west Tx dogs? It's sighted in at 1.5" high. Should be good way out there.

Yes, those were some nice groups. Whenever you get ready just come on down.

------------------

David Neff

Back