Question for Randy

Eddie

Randy - if I rig my truck to have several red lights shining 360 degress around it continually while calling would it be worth the effort? The lights would be on all the time and I would have my hands free for calling and shooting.

Eddie, I'm no Randy, but you'd best have a damn good battery in that truck. I've always wondered how it would work, though. Just too lazy to try it. I guess you could run a big deep cycle battery and use some cables to charge it while driving, but I'd hate to have to use the starting battery on my truck to run many lights. I just hate being "broke down"!

That's not a bad idea Eddie, but like Songdogger said, what a drain on the battery.Just think how many lights it would take...4 won't do it..too many blind spots...8??? wow..I don't know...besides the batteries..you'd have to set them all up when you start the set, otherwise they would rattle apart on the way to the stand, riggin' them all..hmmmm...let me know if you try it..I think I'll keep mine like it is...I have both hands free as mine is now..it's bolted to the front of the chair.Good thinking though...hmmm..Randy

------------------

http://predatormasters.com/varmint_masters.html

Why wouldn't rectangular driving lights sprayed with dykem work? They are built for rattling around and are mountable.... Just a thought. A spare battery is a good idea. You could wire it in like you would wire a trunk mounted battery and put an inline diconnect switch so you wouldn't be draining your starting battery. Then you could switch it back on when you move so it will be ready to use at the next stand...... >>>>>>>>>>James L.

------------------
yotewalk.gif

Never underestimate the power of stupid people!

i started to do that already james. My GMC has a spot for a battery on the drivers side too, so, i put one in, wired it to my other battery. copied the wiring from my Ford Deisel work truck. works great. i am still thinking over my high seat design in my head and now, i dont know what i'm gonna do about lights, thanks to EddieV
as Randy W put it,,,,hmmmmmm?

------------------
Randy C

Randy C. I saw a real neat design on a deer hunting rig at one of the places I work and with just minimal modifications would be perfect for coyote hunting, or just leave it as it is as it seats 2 people.
Call me sometime and I will try to explain it or draw a picture.
686-9740

------------------
Take a few coyotes and a High Chair and woman that can run an AR15 and you have it all!!!!

David Neff

Back