Last Night

J Brad

Last night Caleb, Tim, and I went out and made a few stands. Our first stand was in the middle of a wheat field with a creek bordering the East and West sides. The wind was blowing at our backs. About 5 minutes after Caleb started calling with his mini-blaster we had a gray fox come in. I usually pass them up but this one was nice, and I want to get one mounted. He came from upwind and stopped about 30 yds away, I got him. About 3 minutes after we caught eyes again. It was coming across upwind but staying in the tree line. When I could see its body I thought it was a smaller coyote. It was acting real leery and not coming out of the trees. Well I finally got a clear shot and took it. It was a gray fox also.
Our next stand we had a coyote come in and wind us about 1 minute into the stand.
Our third stand we had been calling about 10 minutes when we had a nice bobcat come charging in. I quit calling and he slowed to a stop about 40yds out, and Caleb took him.
The next stand was dry. Well wet actually, it rained for about 30 minutes.
Our next stand we called in 2 coyotes but one peeled off at about 200 yds and the other kept on coming in. He got into about 125 yds and stopped, I raised the old Swift and "CLICK". The chamber was empty. He made for the trees. He stopped one last time and right as he started to go again I took the shot. I hit him but he was trotting and I think I hit him a little deep. He made it into the creek and we couldn't find him.

I posted the pics in the "Photo Gallery" forum.

Later,
Justin

------------------
My pics
My web page

Back