What do you do?

BigMo

I have a couple of good coyote spots that are giving me problems. I can use a locator ( a pack howler ) and they always seem to respond but if I stay there or move torward them nothing is working. I have tried several electonic tapes and a couple of other mouth calls but still nothing. These coyotes are almost always in the timber. What do you do that works?

You also might try howling to locate and once you have a responce, do some kiying (like dog getting tail stepped on) every 30 seconds to 2 minutes and see if this works. Starting with rabbit for first 5 minutes of stand then going to kiyis and barks as well as growls for remainder of stand has been working super here lately. Me and Scot have just about had some run over top of us on 4-5 different occasions using the above methods
Another is just start the stand with kiyis and finish with kiyis this has worked well also. usually calling every 1-2 minutes for approximately 5 to 10 seconds each series for a total of about 15 minutes or longer if you desire.
------------------
Take a few coyotes and a High Chair and woman that can run an AR15 and you have it all!!!!

David Neff

[This message has been edited by Neffquail (edited 02-19-2002).]

Back