First blood with Swift

songdogger

We hunted the Mineral Wells contest last night and into today. We just stayed local and didn't do real good. All animals were called in the dark, didn't see a one after sunup. Called 5 coyotes, killed one and partner missed one. The other three stayed way out of range downwind. We also killed one grey fox and called in about 16 coons. 6 coons came in to the c'tail distress on one stand. They were thick on that place, but our bunch doesn't count coons, called or not. We did end up with heavy coyote at 37+ lbs.
Anyway, I picked up the gun about 3pm and by about 8 we were hunting. I missed my first shot at the coyote(running) but made good on the second. Put him down pretty good. The fox was about 150 yards and headed for thick brush, so I was happy with the quick shot.
I only had some Hornady 60gr hp's in factory loading to shoot, but should have dies and bullets by Tuesday. That little .22 is a pleasure to shoot compared to that 25/06 I've been shooting. It just goes POP!
When I get it fine tuned, I'm gonna look you up Neffquail and see if we can work up a hunt.

BPierce

[This message has been edited by songdogger (edited 02-16-2002).]

Back