opinions on the light side

chuckduster01

I was wondering if some of you would share your opinions on the perfect set up for the lights used in night calling. Also has anyone tried to use a system consisting of automotive fog lights on a pole type system?
I am planning how/what to build for night coon calling for next season, might be pressed into dog calling duty as well. BE specific, lengthy if required. Thanks in advance( iv'e only used a night/wheat light up till now and am looking for something more efficient)

Ya might want to just nix that idea of using vehicle fog lights on a pole....Michigan doesn't allow that.

I don't have a rule book handy right now, but I also think the only LEGAL way to kill coon at night is behind hounds. Unless you use the "doing or about to do damage on private property clause", and I would even check on that.

The rule book is very clear on lights (NOT!!!) that you can only use the "type ordinarily held in the hand". What does that mean? Means you better talk with your local DNR officer and see what HE's enforcing. I've talked with two and they both gave me different versions of what IS and ISN'T legal.

Ya gotta love government..........

[This message has been edited by TimberDawg (edited 02-17-2002).]

Back