Lite up crosshair device

Tj5

I was just woundering if any one has used one of these devives to lite up your crosshairs in low lite and at night?

Seems to me this would help a lot seeing the crosshairs at night seen them for as low as $20 they fit on the back of your scope and you just turn them on makes the crosshairs lite up in green or red so you can see them.
If any one has used one of them can you tell me how they worked for you or if you thought they was to much of a pain to deal with
Thanks Joe

I bought one right after Christmas. I bought the Sight-Pro. I think it was $25 at Acadamey Sporting Goods. It SUCKED!!! It mounted one the back of your scope, and had a small fiber-optic tube that pointed into the back of the scope. The problem was when I looked into the scope my eyes would focus on the tube and not my cross hairs. It might just be me, but it think it's a bad design.

Later,
Justin

------------------
My pics
My web page

I bought a BSA "Deer Hunter" for my varmint rifle with the lighted recticle, and shouldnt have spent the bucks. Dialed all the way up, its too bright, down low its just as good as using the regular crosshairs.

Red and Red dont go together.

Hey guys, is this the one that you attach to your scope with a hose clamp???? Saw one at a gunshow once at it was so nasty it burned my palm....
biggrin.gif

------------------
Bob
fdfa3b5b.gif

Yeah Bob, that's the one. I should have know better but you know the temtation to get something new is irresistable sometimes. But I took my back and got my money back on it. So no harm done.

Later,
Justin

------------------
My pics
My web page

Varmint Hunter,
Thanks, I'm glad you like ther. Where is Orange Tx?

Randy,
I don't like the 50mm scopes. I use a 40mm so I can still keep the scope low to the barrel. I shoot a full bull barrel on my Swift and a 40mm will barely fit on standard rings. I do use heavy duplex crosshair, I don't think you can beat them. And I shoot with both eyes open. You'd be suprised how many people can't shoot with both eyes open. I've tried to help alot of my friends shooting by telling them to leave both eyes open. None of them can do it. I think it helps alot aquiring your target and does away with any paralex problems.

Later,
Justin

------------------
My pics
My web page

Back