calling bobcats

realtree hunter

i am new to predator hunting and this site. a friend of mine has been having a big bobcat visiting their yard pretty regularly.(i guess its big, he said bout 3 an 1/2 ft long bout 2 er 3 ft tall) matter of fact i juat found out that its been there since i have. this cat has been seen durin the daylight 3 different times but i havent even gotten the first glimpse of him at nite. i have used the JS baby cottontail in distress, gobbler in distress, rodents in distress,bobcat in heat,yellowhammer woodpecker,an one other i think but i cant remember what it was. i just bought a vittles ala jackrabbit tape but havent gotten to try it while yet. but to the point, what kind of callin sequence should i use to call the cat, i been just puttin the tape in an lettin it play, then playin with the volume some. any advice on callin bobcats will be greatly appreciated. ill be askin questions on coyotes bout the first of march as our bobcat season goes out at the end of feb. an there is no closed season on yotes here in nc thaks in advance

Realtree

There is lots of good advice on this board I am new to this board and bobcat hunting myself. But from what I have learned, patience is the key with cats. Lots of folks use the yellow hammer call and the rabbit distress as well. I hunt cats with hounds as well and have learned that cats like to move right before daylight and right before dark. But they are active some during all hours of the night and day. Do a search on this forum and you will finds tons of information better than I can give you. Goodluck, "I hope you kill a bigun but I hope I kill a bigger one". By the way what part of NC are you from. I am from out around Murphy myself.
Outlaw

Randy,
i have called some in the day time but mostly at nite.

Outlaw,
i live between morganton and marion, in a lil community called brendletown, guess its closer to morganton though cause i got a morganton mailing address,morganton is 50 miles east of asheville, on I40

[This message has been edited by realtree hunter (edited 02-02-2002).]

Back