To all night Hunters>>>IDEA of the DAY

Neffquail

To all of you Night Hunters With HIGH CHAIRS just came up with this brainstorm of an IDEA. For you guys that want to put a Rheostat on your spotlight don`t do it, Instead mount a small junction box (Can get one at Home Depot or Wal Mart Get metal and you can weld them) below your light holder on your shooting rest put your Rheostat and your light Switch (that turns light on and off) in this box. Drill holes thru face plate of junction box mount your light switch and mount reostat wired appropriately to a plug that is either mounted to junction box or extending out of junction box, You will have your hot wire and neutral from the battery coming to bottom of Junction box and a plug on top. Then if you have more than one Spotlight as I have 3 of them you can keep one regular and take the other 2 and bypass the switch that is in them and whala all you have to do is plug it in at the junction box and you have a switch and rheostat that will run more than one light and if the switch goes bad or rheostat goes bad it will be very simple to change without having to tear your spotlights apart. THE neat thing about this is you can have multiple lights ready to go and all you have to do is bypass the switches in your lights which is simple and all you have to buy is one rheostat and one switch to work all your lights.
fdf6c0cb.jpg

------------------
It`s not the size of the weapon, it`s the force of attack.
David Neff

[This message has been edited by Neffquail (edited 01-30-2002).]

[This message has been edited by Neffquail (edited 01-30-2002).]

Good idea, David. I'll try that on my new rack that's in design phase right now. I carry a deep cycle trolling motor battery in the bed below our rack to run the lights, so it will be a snap! Thanks!

------------------
Bye y'all
yotewalk.gif

B. Pierce

Friend of mine is an electrical contractor and he said he has just what I need water tight and weldable.

------------------
David Neff

Also you could just mount the rheostat in the j-box and keep your lights switched, just hook up the rheostat in the hot wire.

------------------
David Neff

Say, if I could jump in here. What kind of rheostat are you using for 12v lights? I'm having trouble finding one that will work.
Would appreciate any help.

David,
It looks like the weather didn't want to cooperate down at Corsicana...over an inch of rain. That black mud out there is no place I want to be. (been stuck WAY too many times) So I guess my hunt is postponed for a week or two. I'm going to work on the design of my calling chair a little bit this weekend. If you have time, give me a ring. I'd like to check out your chair and also see what kind of open-reed sounds you make for the coyotes this time of year. (H)620-9182 (W)498-8628 (M)638-9686

Take care,

Rusty

It`s a heavy duty truck Dimmer for Mac Trucks should be able to find them at a truck parts store. There are some other posts on this subject with name and part number I think the name is pollack.

------------------
David Neff

Back