where to hunt at night

jasonch

how do
you guys set up at night when you are on foot do you set up at edge of field right in the the middle of field in the woods what im totally lost get one yote the first time ever tried it since then havent seen nothing should you face your speaker with your back at edge of woods with wind in your face or should you watch down wind and and set on other edge of field in need of help jason

I know what you mean about finding good locations and what to look for. I had the same dilemma when I first started calling at night. It's good to see the "lay of the land" during daylight hours so you can scout for good locations. I like areas that aren't too choked up with brush (usually not a problem out here in W. Texas!) and I also like to call near creek banks, draws or stock tanks. I usually mark the spot during the daytime by stacking rocks up, sticking a stick in the road, or by using orange flagging so I can see where I need to stop at night.

Hope this helps. Sitting at the edge of a field should work just fine. Once you get out and try it, you'll get a feel for what is typically a productive spot and what is not.

Take care and be safe,

Rusty

hey thanks ive been out about a dozen or so times and i just cant get the groove they say that you should watch the wind and have it blowing in your face but if i set up at edge of field i think they have been circling downwind and if they do that they are sneaking right through the woods behind us cant see to far in the woods a night even with a light i gueess ill just have to tough it out see ya jason

Back