I NEED A GOOD LIGHT????????????/

THERMOLOK

I have a nite light wizard now and have trouble. It wont last no more than 30-45min. Where can I get a good hand held light that last a while. Nite light said it should last 6hrs, NO WAY!!
I hunt mostly from truck so I need a good hand held. What cp is good......any help would be great!

Thermo I have been using Qbeams for 7 years now. I just bought my 5th light and I can say that I like this one the best. It is a 200,000 cp beam varmint special. It has a built in hood for reflection of the haze and it has a reccessed place that holds the red filter lense(included with light). It is bright enough to see eyes at 1000 yards and identify a target at 200 plus yards and it isn't as hot as the other more powerful lights. I changed the lighter plug to alligator clips like you see on a battery charger with about 20 extra feet of cord and I installed a different power switch. I used a regular old houshold toggle switch from wally world. This switch has been on 4 other lights. It requires you to drill a hole in the plastic housing but it is easy to install.... ( have found that the dimmer the light the less the coyotes mind it>>>>>>> Good luck >>>>> James L.

James I just got my Qbeam Varmit special last week. They are nice lights. Love that hood and the beam does get out there for sure.

Bought the 20ft cord and alligator clips too.

Originally posted by James Lindley:
Thermo I have been using Qbeams for 7 years now. I just bought my 5th light and I can say that I like this one the best. It is a 200,000 cp beam varmint special. It has a built in hood for reflection of the haze and it has a reccessed place that holds the red filter lense(included with light). It is bright enough to see eyes at 1000 yards and identify a target at 200 plus yards and it isn't as hot as the other more powerful lights. I changed the lighter plug to alligator clips like you see on a battery charger with about 20 extra feet of cord and I installed a different power switch. I used a regular old houshold toggle switch from wally world. This switch has been on 4 other lights. It requires you to drill a hole in the plastic housing but it is easy to install.... ( have found that the dimmer the light the less the coyotes mind it>>>>>>> Good luck >>>>> James L.

James, thanks for the info. I need a light I can take in the fields and woods. Does this come with a battery that last a good while? I seldom hunt from my truck here in Va so I need something mobile. Thanks Again. Let me know

Hey thermo, I was wondering about your post!
smile.gif
It reads that you hunt mainly from your truck. Should it read away from your truck.? hehe You might try a sealed gell cell type motorcycle battery. I heard that they last longer than the standard rechargable but it might be weight prohibited. Also have you tried a flicker switch with that other portable? Night light claims that it doubles the amount of burn time..... James L.

------------------
Never underestimate the power of stupid people!

[This message has been edited by James Lindley (edited 01-22-2002).]

Hey thermo, I was wondering about your post!
smile.gif
It reads that you hunt mainly from your truck. Should it read away from your truck.? hehe You might try a sealed gell cell type motorcycle battery. I heard that they last longer than the standard rechargable but it might be weight prohibited. Also have you tried a flicker switch with that other portable? Night light claims that it doubles the amount of burn time..... James L.

FLICKER SWITCH? Explain how to use this please. Thanks

I recommend using the 1,000,000 cp Night Blaster with the red lense if you are hunting out of your truck. It will reach out a lot furtfer than the Q-Beam with the red lense. If ya want to get away from your truck, I bought a spotlight that plugs into my callbox and seems to have long life so far. Hope this helps Ya!!!!

------------------
KEEP'M IN THE CROSSHAIRS!!

Thumper, I have one of those million candlepower lights from Nightblaster and it doesn't touch the distant coyotes like the sealed-beam bulbs will. I have several Q-beams and old nightblaster lights. The 400K and 200K lights with sealed beam bulbs. I think the lights that are not sealed beam give you more of a flood effect, which is good for hunting relatively tight quarters. In the wide open spaces that I hunt, you need an intenst spot to catch those eyes way out there, but you'd better get that hotspot off of them pretty quick.

Songdogger,I'm not sure you and thumper are talkin about the same nightblaster cause I own both and the q-beam will not even begin to work as good as the nightblaster I would even say that the nightblaster is twice the light as the Q-beam.please forgive me I'm not tryin to start a fight or anything,just telling it as I see it for myself.maybe thumper and myself have a couple of rare lights but I dont think so cause I know a few other guys that use them and they work just as good.once again, no flame intended.

[This message has been edited by Reaper (edited 01-23-2002).]

Thermo you just plug the light into a compatable flicker switch and it does the work of turning the light on and off at a fast rate. It's like a strobe light. animals cann't resist looking at it. no matter what. You can find them at Huntsmart.com For a free Nite Lite catalog call 1-800-648-5483 and when you get it go to page 112-113 and have a look. If you go to the website just look under flicker switches for the various spotlights. prices range from 22.00 to 30.00. >>>>>>>James L.

------------------
Never underestimate the power of stupid people!

Thermo, You might want to check with Nite Lite about the battery life on your Wizzard.I've been using the Nite sport II with their red lens,for a couple of years.It works super.It's also makes a great tracking lite with the white light mounted on the hat.I shoot a light force mounted on the .17 and a sure fire on the fore arm of the 870.It's taken me awhile to put all of this together,but it really works for me.

Originally posted by VarminthunterII:
Thermo, You might want to check with Nite Lite about the battery life on your Wizzard.I've been using the Nite sport II with their red lens,for a couple of years.It works super.It's also makes a great tracking lite with the white light mounted on the hat.I shoot a light force mounted on the .17 and a sure fire on the fore arm of the 870.It's taken me awhile to put all of this together,but it really works for me.

Thanks guys for the info. How do you work a flicker switch? We usually hunt fields away from the truck and use the nite light wizard gell pack. Should I keep the light on ALL the time or scan with it every 2-3 mins.? I have tried both and scanning every 1-2 mins. has worked best for me, and kept my batteries good for other spots to hunt later. I am getting a hand held q-beam today that post it has a 2 1/2 hour burn time per charge. I am going to try it Friday night on some reds. Also, I believe I have become spoiled with seeing foxes every stand because the first 7-10 nights out I did see many critters. Now we can go 2-3 nights before we see any eyes. Is this common....why dont foxes come every time...am I just spoiled?...probally! THANKS

this might sound stupid but if its ok to hunt from your truck why dont you buy one that plugs into your cigerette lighter and have a spare rechargable to go get what you shoot cant spot from a vehicle in PA with a firearm in vehicle

Does a flicker switch help out in hunting coyotes? I really dont know what it does quite yet...

NL99R-m.jpg

[This message has been edited by Chigger (edited 01-30-2002).]

Thermo you just plug the light into a compatable flicker switch and it does the work of turning the light on and off at a fast rate. It's like a strobe light. animals cann't resist looking at it. no matter what. You can find them at Huntsmart.com For a free Nite Lite catalog call 1-800-648-5483 and when you get it go to page 112-113 and have a look. If you go to the website just look under flicker switches for the various spotlights. prices range from 22.00 to 30.00. >>>>>>>James L.

James, Nite Lite tells me the flicker switches only fit on top of their batteries. So, how do I hook it into my spot that plugs into my lighter recpt?
j.zingg@verizon.net

------------------
John Zingg

Back