lights, coon calling etc.

oldwretched

hi everyone just registerd and want to know if anyone out there has tried the various coon calling tapes i am also curious about lights have been using a three cell light with moderate success i ssaw that people are suggesting spotlights how much is too much and what about red or other color lenses thanks oldwretched

Welcome aboard Oldwretched !
You will find the answers to those questions here by the millions. I can tell you that the brighter the better. Some fellas are using airport landing lights, others have 250K candlepower handhelds, some have 1 million CP. I love my Xenon bulb 6 volt.
If you buy a hand held or a scope mounted light get one with a dimmer switch on it especially for those real fur burners out there! Use that red lense to follow him in and keep it out of his eyes dead on just let the splash light the eyes up or you'll spook em. Once he gets in range blast him. Had one the other night follow my red lense in all by itself like he was on a leash when i lip
squeeked him.
Some guys will start out with a amber lens and switch to the red for up close personal dispatching.. Never have tried the coon squall or baby coon dunno there.
Check this url out. Wish Id'a known of them before i bought one already.
biggrin.gif
http://www.lightforce.net.au/

[This message has been edited by Locator (edited 03-25-2001).]

oldwretched, I just started calling coon with an electronic caller and I use the Dennis Kirk Coon PUppies 2 tape. And ever 5 min. shine the trees and ground. I usually go around corn fields and sometimes they will walk up to the speaker!!! As far as light, i found a cheapy on ebay but lets say I really got my money out of it.

------------------
-The Killer

yes WFox, I've killed 17 coons with it in about 6 days. I have most of my succes around corn fields and i've also found that following small creek beds work just as good.

Email me at PredatorHunter15@aol.com and we can trade burned copies if you want.

------------------
-The Killer

[This message has been edited by CJPredator (edited 03-05-2002).]

Back