Black cat

Quote:
BigJim, I think my monkey could beat your monkey. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

He should, unless your monkey's name is Custer /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

i live in north ky and we have had our people here seeing large black cats, bigfoot running around looking in peoples windows, killing stock leaving tracks, making the front page of local newspapers almost everyday for a month ect.- i suppose nobody just decided to make all this stuff up one day. so who knows what they seen or think they seen. i've spoken with people before that where very convinced of what they've seen. i'm not going to call them a liar nor say i believe they know what they have seen. but i do believe they did see something. north america is full of tales of weird animals. and of course until you see something yourself your not going to believe it. why would you? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
was told by my local Game Warden that approximately 20 years ago the VADGIF set two pairs (male and female) of black panthers loose

I think he just pulled your leg. Don't hold your breath looking for documentation of a release. How can their be documentation of a release, when there is no documentation of them even existing? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif

I have no idea if the pic was photo shopped or not. I obviously didn't take the pic or write the article. I posted it because it was the most recent case I could find of a black jaguar being anywhere close to the U.S. and because they cited what I assume are scientific papers claiming genetic evidence for melanism in pumas (Pocock 1929, Kitchener 1991, Sunquist and Sunquist 2002, and Wozencraft 1993).

I don't have access to those papers and can't attest to their validity or even say whether they were peer reviewed. Maybe one of our biologists has access and can see.

Black panthers on the other hand, DO EXIST IN THE U.S., and we have plenty of photographic and even forensic evidence to prove it. Just go here: /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

source

Quote:
There has NEVER been a DOCUMENTED case of a "black panther" in the United States.

There has NEVER been a DOCUMENTED case of a black (melanistic) Quote:

I think you should call the wildlife biologist down on Fort Huachuca...His name is Sheridan Stone. I have seen pics of that very thing while on Fort Huachuca. As a matter of fact, they have posted photo's, trail cam pics, of what appear to be a black Puma posted in their Rod & Gun club warning folks not to shoot the animal as they are a protected species. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Last edited:
Back