Is this normal?

michelobman

I went out to South Dakota to do some pheasant hunting and a group of five of us walked
right up to a coyote laying in the grass. It could have been sleeping initially, but I couldn’t
see its face since the dog we had was sniffing it there. We had also dispatched a rooster
about fifty yards before we bumped into it. I’m assuming it would have woken up then. It
also paid no attention to the dog, and it just layed there glaring at all of us. I got behind it
and ended up poking it with my gun barrel and it immediately disappeared into the grass.

scottcoyote.jpg

Michelobeman,

A fellow coyote hunter friend, drove along a slough out in a picked cornfield. He got out to wizz, by a grassy slough. Let his greyhounds out also to wizz. About 45 seconds later. Up jumped this coyote, almost from under his feet. Apparently the yote was sleeping, and insted of jumping initially. It hunkered down into the CRP grass. Hoping my friend would leave. Finally the yote couldn't stand it, and sprang up out of the grass (running all out- with after burners on).

Also, could of been a coyote with bad hearing or even deaf, and you just came upon him/her. So it decided to freeze until you passed.

Back