'Splain this to me Lucy!

im with weasel on this one, your kid can come hunting wiht me anytime,lol, thats halarious reminds me of myself at that age wanting to shoot everything

Wow, coyotes have come a long way since you last saw this act of trickery, playing possum.

I just saw one on a freeway exit here in the big city, it had a cardboard sign hanging from his neck that said " Will wurk for food"! Could this have been a distant relative to his Canadian cousin?

Those coyotes are amazing creatures when it comes to adapting to the environment they live in. A biologist was talking on the radio a couple weeks ago trying to tell people that the cute coyotes they see in towns will eat their pets. He talked about a study that is being conducted. They have been trapping and collaring yotes and then tracking their movements. They found the yotes just sleep in peoples yards under spruce trees and other cover. I sure wish I had yotes sleeping in my yard everyday! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
ZP

Forgot to add that the collared yotes lived in cities. One of the studies was conducted in the Chicago area if I remember correctly. Mike, for the life of me I can't figure out why the yotes won't sleep in my yard? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif Maybe they know what traps and a .223 look like :eek: Oh well, I found what he said to be interesting.
ZP

at the National Training Center near Barstow Ca, I had a coyote steal my MRE. those of you that are military know that you can't smell the food from a sealed MRE, but the coyotes learned that the brown plastic thing has food in it, and that soldiers pose no threat to them. at one point, i was laying on my belly, hand feeding a wild coyote sunflower seeds. we aptly nicknamed them parking lot dogs.

Back