You aren't going to believe this!

MIvarmit

Tonight I got a call from my brother inlaw. He has a Chocolate lab in a kennel by his shed. This afternoon his neighbors dogs were raising cain and the neighbor went out to look. He looked over at my brother inlaws dog pen and saw a coyote in the pen breeding with the lab. He called my brother inlaws, father inlaw across the street, He came over with a 22 and shot the yote while they were still hooked up. I have the coyote. Has anyone heard of this before. I know of the coy dogs, but for the coyote to jump a 4' fence to get with a tame dog is weird.

MIvarmit

...but I believe you. Last Monday, I went calling at one of my better spots. After my 3rd session, I saw a black Shepherd at about 300 yards, followed by what looked like a coyote, very close behind.

The coyote(?) was the right color, build, attitude, everything,...but I didn't shoot because I just wasn't sure. I didn't want to kill someone's domestic dog, so I held my fire. Had it been by itself, it would have been dead, but with a clearly domestic dog in front, its life was saved. It was a bit too far away to get a real good look at its face.

It could have been a coyote that had taken up with a shepherd, but I may never know.

The poor chocolate lab will never be the same again after that ordeal.....Just about the time he is thinking he is the luckiest dog in the world....

Back