My first deer - Thanks Minaska

fivepaknh

I just started hunting a few years ago. This year is the first year I actually got a deer. This is only my second day out and after just under 2 hours I got my first deer. I was up in my hang on stand from Wally World and I tried a some grunts on my HS Truetalker. After a while I tried estrus bleats with the Primos Can. No response with those, so I tried my Big Country Bandit with the deer rattle call. I played it for 30 seconds and then waited ten minutes. I then tried another 30 seconds of rattling. A minute or two after the last rattling session I see movement to my right. This 7 pointer is heading straight for my caller which is only 10-15 yards to my front. It gave me an awesome broadside shot and ran right under me. It only made it about 10 yards behind me and dropped.

I know the Foxpro site says you can’t use an electric caller on deer, but I have a letter from NHF&G that say moose, turkey, and water fowl are the only game you can’t use an e-caller for.

He was 123lbs dressed. Not huge, but I’m happy.
I replaced the original picture with a less graphic one. Sorry about the first pic. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif
deer_truck_resized.jpg

Outstanding!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Did not get to see the first pic but your current one says volumes. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif I planed to go this weekend but got called for a week long job in Naples Fla. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif

Best to you and your Family, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Dave

Back