Jaguar Photographed In Southern Arizona

The photos in 96 came from the Peloncillo Mountains on the on the Arizona/New mexico line and the Barbaquivari Mountains South and a little West of Tucson. I have seen big cat tracks in the Barbaquivaris before but the area is known for a large lion population.
Bret

Bulls' right, I know this only because I live in Warners neighborhood, and am familiar with the photo in question. Although, once again, Big Len is certainly in the right area
smile.gif
the Peloncillos are just a stones throw away from the bootheel country.Leonard is also correct, we certainly don't need anyone thinking there is, or ever was abreeding population of jag's roaming around southern Arizona. This is just the mana that the greenies drool over to close off prime hunting locals.Lots of locals in these parts whispered in private, that it would have been best if Warner would have just shot the damned thing and said nothing about it.
Vic

Here's an interseting side.

This Thursday night Jack Childs (the fella that runs the camera's that took these pictures) is going to speak at the Thursday night (03/14/2002) meeting of the Southern Arizona Wildlife Callers, inc. Jack will have one of his film's on the Jaguar (not for sale). Jack will also talk and answer any questions that you might have. The meeting is open to the public and you are all welcome to attend.

Date: 03/14/3-2002
Time: 7:00 PM
Where: F.O.P. Lodge
3445 N. Dodge Blvd.
Tucson Arizona

Jack has hunted Lions and Bears with hounds for almost 40 years. He's a true outdoors man and conservationist. I've known Jack for 17 years and I can assure you that he will be giving an excellent talk.

Michael

Thanks Encore,

The only thing missing from this thread was a picture. For a month or so, I have been thinking about requesting a picture for this story. Good Research Bro'!

Nah, fell into my mailbox, literally.

Err, i mean, SOMEone's mailbox, just in case the copyright police are listening in.

That photo and article came from Arizona Wildlife Views, available thru the Arizona Game & Fish Website. www.azgfd.com

Very reasonable subscription rates: i think it's 8bux for a year (which is 6 issues).

Back