filled my buck tag.

cmiddleton

finally made it hunting for myself. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif
took jessy after elk on friday then went to sundance to the black hills for saterday and sunday. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
lots of people say that white tail are harder then muleys.
my brother calls muleys carp. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif i in turn call his white tails flag its /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif it is just a way to rib each other about our favorite deer. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
there are alot more muleys here than white tail and the black hills has alot more white tail than muleys.
i tried to find a muley buck all threw the elk hunting but never saw one that tripped my trigger. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gifnow the deer season closed here and the season up there just opened. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-006.gif
i hunted hard all saterday seeing one nice white tail buck. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif
then today they were everywhare. i filled up on a buck i thought would out do the one i have mounted at home. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif
now after getting him home i think the mount will out score him a little bit. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif i'll lay a tape to him tomarrow.
i left over half my stuff when i left home like socks pants undies shirts all i had was the camo i wore elk hunting friday /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif and the importent things like gun bullits knife binos munchies and most importently mounten dew. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
the buck came out of the trees at about 320 yards and was walking the timber line. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif
i looked threw my scope and saw the main beams come to the end of his nose but couldn't really tell how long the tines were. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
he looked like he was way out there 450 or more threw the scope i held just above his back and touched off. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif
the deer dropped in his tracks but i could see the shot hit higher than i expected. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif
i looked at my rifle and saw that the scope was cranked down to six power from hunting the timber the day befor.
no wonder i mis judged the distance by so far i'm use to having it on ten power. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif
i'll get some pictures tomarrow and post them. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif
the buck would be a six by five but the five point side has a broken tine that i dont think will make a inch.
he had good g-4's if he wouldn't have broken that point. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
the six point side gets its sixth point by a 1.5 inch trash point at the base. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
i'm glad it wasn't a coyote. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif i'd have missed him by miss judging the distance so bad. i hit the deer 12" higher than i planned. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Last edited:
here are some pictures of the flag it buck.
447732.jpg

447732.jpg

447733.jpg

447733.jpg

447735.jpg

447735.jpg

i'll take some pictures of the one i was trying to beat but i dont think he did /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif so i'm giving the cape to my taxadermist. I'll do a euro mount or a plack with him someday. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-006.gif i still haven't done anything with last years muley. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif
i think i'm falling behind /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Last edited:
my goal for the year was not met i was trying to get bigger than these. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif
02 white tail mount 142" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
447756.jpg

98 muley 157 6/8 P&Y my first P&Y buck 165 6/8 gross
i had the velvet stripped off on this one. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif
447764.jpg

2000 n.t. P&Y 174 6/8 net and 178 7/8 gross i was chasing this buck when i shot the 98 buck, because he let me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif
i tryed in 99 all season for him and missed at 15 yrds its hard to shoot when your heart pounds so hard you think your head will pop off your shoulders. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif
447766.jpg

447767.jpg

Last edited:
boy weasel you must be the only one thinking big game in big game saeson. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif now i'm done i can go call some yotes this weekend. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-006.gif
i should have went to rawlins last weekend i might have met a bunch of people from P.M. i'm sure some went to the big contest. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Last edited:
I'm looking forward to predator calling myself. It seems like things keep coming up to interfere with my plans. I was darn lucky to fill my deer tag. Maybe it was because I was wearing my lucky Foxpro shirt? Oh, the sale is still on for those shirts too. I liked them so much that I placed a second order the day after I killed my buck. If you're interested in nice T-shirts ya better hurry before the sale ends.

i was wareing my unlucky sock and undies /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gifthey were unlucky because i forgot to pack any more three days on my a$$ is way unlucky for them. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
worked for me though saw lots of bucks sunday stinky feet and all. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Last edited:
well he had a bit of growing to do i measured him today and came up with 125 6/8 net /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif and 135 1/8 gross /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif
7" and change short of the 02 bucks gross score /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gifdefenatly no head mount this year. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif oil well had no where to hang another one anyhow. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
BUT A BOY HAS TO HAVE A GOAL, MAYBE NEXT YEAR! i can't wait. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
its not the score that i want its to be bigger than any i have killed befor /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif
sorry weasel i just couldn't resist /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif. i was ready to go home and get some or at least to town. i was done at 8:00 am sunday so it was only 2 days and a few hours in the same socks. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Last edited:
Back