Zeiss or Leupold?

I own one Vari-X II that is around 20 years old. It has been on my favorite 700 for years and I have never had a single problem with it. Clear and bright like the day I bought it. Adjustments are great on it.
Also have a Vari-X III 4.5X14 Tactical AO. It is a fantastic scope. It is light and the adjustments are better than any other scope I have ever used or messed with, (Euro-scopes included)..
I recently bought a Leupold Vari-X II 2-7X33. I put it on my old model 7 6mm Rem. It is a great scope so far.
I'd go with the Leupold and dont worry about the euro-hype!

ZEISS definately over Leupold.

I know of two Leupolds that have been trashed by ultra-mags. They just do not hold up like they used to. I have shot a couple of the conquests and they are clear, clear and they have held up on the mags. My old hunting buddies used to shoot nothing but Leupold, now there is not a single leupold on a mag rifle because of the problems they have had. I have a Kahles and Redfield on my mags, my other buddies have one Zeiss and 6 burris on theirs. On the four ultra-mags are all burris execpt my one with the Kahles. Don't get me wrong Leupold fixed and sent back the scopes but they sold them.

Back