Onza Cat

Charon

After reading the posts on "black cats" a bit futher down the list, it got me thinking of the gentleman that owns the deer lease that I hunt on. The old sage every once and a while spoke of the Onza cat in Norhtern Mexico. And every time we heard the name we though he was speaking of the Ocelot(which we have down here in the valley). Well I wound up finding a book titled "Onza" in the local libray that was so old that it wasnt even in there record keeping. This was many years back but I have heard nothing on the subject since. Has it been declared a speices? Recent possible sightings? Yellowhammer, im expecting feedback on this one.

P.S.I just got invited to help a rancher next week down in Matamoros, Mexico that is having some yote problems.... Ill write about it when it happens! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

If you want to find out more about Onzas, you need to search a crypozoology site. I think they are supposed to be no longer alive. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif

If you are wanting some good info on onzas I recomend reading ONZA! the hunt for the legendary cat. The Lee brothers treed and shot one in mexico and the photos are in the book. Terry

Last edited:
Back