Undertaker super full turkey choke

CV32

I picked up an H.S. Strut Undertaker super full turkey choke for my Benelli Nova. I was planning on using 3 inch BB and 3.5 inch #2 with this choke for coyotes. We don't have turkeys here /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif so I have no experience with a turkey choke. But even without it, the 3.5 inch seems to pattern decently out to 50 yards. It's advertised as maintaining 90% consistency out to 40 yards, so what kind of performance should I expect from the Undertaker ?

I've been shooting one out of my remington 870 with 3" hevishot b shot (we aren't allowed to use buckshot or dead coyote in Oklahoma) and I've had great results. I haven't had one yote run off wounded. They have all fallen on the spot from 25-60 yards. I never bothered to test the pattern on paper!

You won't know until you shoot it on paper with a wide variety of loads. Just too many variables...

I've tested more chokes and shells that I care to admit to. The best I have found in my Mossberg 835 is a Rhino Choke and Nitro Company shotshells. They make a triplex hevishot load (4 X 5 X 7). I can put 300 pellets in a 10" circle at 40yds. Great for fox but I wouldn't recommend the shells for yotes. I do get #4 buck to pattern pretty good as well however. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

+ 1 what GC said.

The only way to really know is to test it yourself and see. Each gun is different.
Good Luck. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Maybe I should rephrase ... I'm wondering about the Undertaker specifically, and for that matter, turkey chokes generally.

I have not used an Undertaker choke so therefore do not have any experience with it. I use a Hastings choke for turkey hunting which is a.660 constriction, with either #5 or #6 shot, 3" loads. I do find that I have to go to a more open choke, a .680 constriction, when shooting larger shot such as #2 or BB's. You may or may not have to do the same. Your shotgun will tell you. Turkey chokes definitely do work, but may or may not be the best choice in YOUR particular shotgun. Only range time will give you the definitive answer you seek. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Back