What are the top 5 movies of all time?

DougK

In seeing the posts concerning the 9/11 movie, I began to think /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif (something that does not happen often /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif)about the top movies of all time.

What are your top 5 movies of all time?

Patton is on my list, it's not that accurate but still very good.

Doug

Lonesome Dove

The magnificent 7

Blazing Saddles

The Good, the bad, and the ugly, along with the other 2, but thats the best one.

Hud

Cool Hand Luke

American Graffiti

Dazed and Confused...Even though I grew up in the 90's, I am from the Austin area, and it was our favorite growning up.

Sorry I couldnt pick just 5!

-Saving Private Ryan

-Forest Gump

-The God Father (part 1)

-Raiders of the Lost Arc

-Outlaw Josey Wales

Lonesome Dove wasn't a movie, it was a mini series, my favorite mini series ... Band of Brothers.

I used to have several favorites from the 60's, John Wayne & WWII movies being at the top of the list, but with modern movie making the older movies don't hold up very well.

Last edited:
I can't pick just 5.
- Godfather
- One Flew over the Cuckoo's Nest
- Apocalypse Now
- American History X
- Jaws
- Braveheart
- Exorcist
- Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid
- The Searchers
- Jurassic Park
- and Little Big Man

And I loved Lonesome Dove, as well.

Last edited:
Thats good list Rowney. I think I'd keep Cool Hand Luke, Blazing Saddles (which could not be made today}, and The Good, Bad, and Ugly. I'd add Jaws, Jerimiah Johnson, and honorable mention to the original "All Quiet on The Western Front" and "Gone With the Wind." and maybe "Pulp Fiction."

Dang, I forgot Pulp Ficiton. And yeah, Blazing Saddles couldnt be made today! The guy in the movie that gets hit on the head with the shovel, cant remember his name, well he does commercials for a new ford dealer here in Dallas, I laugh my tail off every time I see it. Wearing his movie costume as well!

Braveheart
blazing saddles
five easy pieces
spaceballs
lonesome dove
Oh yeah not to mention cool hand luke, apocalypse now,the quite man. and on and on

Last edited:
The Shawshank Redemption. Even my boys liked this one
The Godfather
Braveheart
Saving Private Ryan
We were Soldiers
Boondock Saints
and last but not least. Shreck, Yeah I liked that one.

JEREMIAH JOHNSON
LONESOME DOVE
STARWARS
BRAVEHEART
TOP GUN /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

In no particular order...

- Rudy
- The Fastest Indian
- Raiders of The Lost Ark
- The Empire Strikes Back (No, I am not wearing my Darth Vader mask as I write this!)
- Braveheart
- Saving Private Ryan
- American Graffiti
- The Usual Suspects
- Goodfellas
- The Godfather
- the Return of the King (still pales by comparison to the book)
- The Magnificent Seven
- Young Frankenstein ("That's Fronkinsteen...")
- Rear Window

Sorry, there was no way I could have kept it to five. There's a few more I really like as well.

Last edited:
in no particular order

Quigley Down Under

Armageddon

Shawshank Redemption

Outlaw Josey Wales

Debbie does Dallas.........just kidding

Independence Day

1: Young Guns 1 & 2
{yeah, I know, it's 2 movies /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif, but I always liked Billy the Kid...& the "story" of Brushy Bill Roberts} /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

2: Sons of Katie Elder
3: Rio Bravo
4: Red River
5: The Comancheros

But, if it has "Duke", Eastwood, Duvall, or Tommy Lee Jones starring in it, it's a great bet that I like it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
{If it has "Duke" in it, I love it. Only know of a couple I didn't. This goes back to the beginning, mid-30s.} /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

-Strange Brew The Adventures of Bob and Doug Mckenzie
-Escanaba in Da Moonlight
-Last of the Dogmen
-Forrest Gump
-The Waterboy

The first two are kind of cult classics. If anyone's seen Strange Brew I know it's DUMB VERY DUMB. But I could watch it over and over.

Back