Yote breeding question for ya

tcman

When do coyotes start pairing up to breed, and once they do, does the male stick it out until the pups are weened or does he do the get-a-little and dodge child support routine?????

In my part of the country,they are already paired, for the most part, and two females we've taken in the past 10 days were in heat. Also I've seen evidence of blood in urine/scat piles. (in the snow).
Seems a bit early, however, up to about a week ago we were having a unusually warm winter.
Good huntin' and have a great day.

The CoyoteDocs took a female this past weekend that was in heat as well. John says they are in heat in Kansas, and they are here in South Dakota, it must not vary too much with latitude.

Interesting about the early pairing up and heat cycle. We got two over the weekend but they were both males so couldn't say anything about the females. They were sure a lot more vocal than I would have expected this early. Maybe I'd better switch tactics to my mating season scenario.

And yes, Weasel, I have a pic - or will have as soon as my buddy emails it to me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Daybreak

Originally posted by tcman:
[qb]When do coyotes start pairing up to breed, and once they do, does the male stick it out until the pups are weened or does he do the get-a-little and dodge child support routine?????[/qb]
Coyotes pair up just after they reach breeding age and remain as a pair until death they do part...FYI /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Back