broke my bow

cmiddleton

mosley my son has been trying for years to get me to buy a new bow.
i never did because i love my old one.
i told him she is like a old girl friand
well today one of the limbs split i could cry its like losing one of the famaly.
i bought her when moseley was 1 and he will be 21 in december.
i feel like holding a funeral.
i emailed ben pearson to see if they can get some new limbs for her but i kind of dought it they didn't have any wheels the last time i sent her in to be refurbished.
she was my all time favorite peace of hunting equipment.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif i should have hung her on the wall like mose has been telling me to do for the last 5 yrs. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif

Last year I broke down and bought new bow after using the same one for 18 years. I still have that one, but the new one is first rate.

So far I have had 2 shots at deer, and both were dead on, and in the freezer.

I had been reluctant to get a new one and talked about it for about 4 or 5 years. I glad I did. You will be a better shooter with the newer equipment.

Look at this as the nudge you were needing.

You can still hang the old one on the wall for old time sake.

just got back from the sporting good store.
came out with a bowtech allegiance, she is mighty pritty i haven't shot her yet but i'm looking forward to it
i wasn't in mourning vary long 1.5 hour from the death of betsy and i'm picking up on birtha.
hope i shoot it as well as betsy

You'll love the bowtech. My shoots like a champ. Mine shoots the best a tad nock high and a tad left of center.(right handed shooter) I have been experimenting with my tiller setting and dead on even seems to be the best. All my other bows have like about a 1/4 turn more out on the top limb. Also seems to shoot the the best with the limbs about 1/4 turn from bottomed out. She took 6 deer this year with two of them being over 50 yards.

well i should have checked her out better i was told i could get a mod to make it fit my draw. i draw 31" and she will only go 30" i thought if i went to a relese that would give me the inch but i have never shot with one and even set down to 60 lb.s its uncomfortable to draw with one.
damb i miss old bessy already.

A release definately takes time to get used to it (I shot a tab all those years). but once you get the hang of it, you will be a better shooter.

The release does take an inch or so off of the draw length. At least it did for me.

What type of release are you using?

i'm not sure what the name is but it has t.r.u. ball
it shows a fire ball on it.
its my sons old one.
the bow is a 60 to 80 lb draw and with the relese i can barely draw it at 60 lbs with fingers its no problem to draw.
this will deffenatly take some getting use to.
my old bow was wheels just drawing cams feels funny. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif
you know how us old men are change is hard after 20 yrs.

Last edited:
well i had my fill of the bowtech last night and traded it for a mathews ovation today. my first three arrows out of it all touched each other. its comfortable to hold and draw i even can draw it with a release. didn't shot as good with the release as i did fingers but at least it isn't painful and i don't think i'll be shooting down the space shuttle with it like i kept trying to do with the bowtech.
i lost 11 arrows in three weeks during the draw with the bowtech.

Good for you. If I'd of picked up on this thread earlier I could have related my hunting buddies woes with his old bow. Basically, he had rotator cup surgery and couldn't make the 70lb draw. He ended up with a bow that draws 50 or 60 (????) and shoots an arrow faster than his 70lb draw did. Technology marches on.

BTW, I went through several releases until I found one I like. One month to elk season.

the mathews is shooting good i'm still not confedent enough i over think my shots once i started shooting without trying to make it into rockit science and started shooting more instinctive i really started putting them in there.
i went to a new micro adjust sight and was trying to line the sight brackit and the pin with the peep and shot all over. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif
then i went back to looking at the pin and dropping it to the spot and relesing i could put them all right on the money. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
i have only shot it at 20 yds indoors so far i'll get her out to the range sometime this week for longer shots. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
i think she is going to work just fine but tell i get a muley 170" or more i still will miss old betsy. the mathew has a lot of wall space to catch up with. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Last edited:
Back