Need new boots

Danner's outlet store is about one mile from the Portland airport, just in case anyone is passing through. There are some good deals to be had in there on new boots or "blemished" drop-outs. I put bigger "blemishes" on booots walikg through 50 feet of blackberries than their samples have on them, so I buy those in a heartbeat. I've bought 5 pairs from them over the years and been totally satisfied. I see now that the ones in the local stores are made in China. I won't be buying any Chinese boots, thank you very much. Danner should remember who put them on top of the boot world by word of mouth. They won't be there long, in my opinion, selling Chinese boots.

[image]I like the Irish settler boots comfy and Dry,I aslo have a pair of Wolverines good pair of boots also.

i812397sn01.jpg

Last edited:
thenorthfacelifty400gtxyw7.png

The North Face Mens Lifty 400 GTX Boot

I know this is a different style of boot, but what a great boot. I will be going back to this Company and style of boot from now on.

Features

If you like to go out on winter time adventures the Lifty 400 GTX Boot is right up your alley. It's made to be waterproof with the Gore-Tex® membrane, latex seam sealed constructin, synthetic Nubuck leather and bomber textile. To keep your feet toasty warm a 400 gram PrimaLoft® insulation is used and Dri-Lex™ fleece lines the collar and tongue. If you want to use gaiters (sold separately) with them they have built in D-rings for quck and easy attachment. The North Face made the bottoms super comfy and functional. There is an injection molded nylon shank insert that gives great torsional rigidity and the X-2™ cushioning provides a nice pad that actually returns energy.

FEATURES:

Gore-Tex® waterproof breathable membrane

Double-adhesive latex seam-sealed construction

400 g Primaloft® insulation

Non-hydrolysis waterproof synthetic nubuck leather

Waterproof bomber textile

Dri-Lex® fleece lining in the collar and tongue

D-Ring gaiter attachments

Injection-molded nylon shank insert

AgION™ antimicrobial dual-density X-2™ footbed

Compression Molded EVA midsole

TNF Winter Grip™ rubber outsole

Summit Series
Developed for the most serious athletes, the Summit Series features athlete-tested and technically advanced apparel, footwear, and equipment. This premier collection is designed for expedition use from base camp to summit, where the extremes of weather, terrain, and temperature demand the highest level of performance.

Gore-Tex®
Gore-Tex® fabrics lead the industry in providing durably waterproof / breathable protection. The Gore-Tex® membrane is completely impervious to rain, sleet and snow, while allowing perspiration to pass through it. The Gore-Tex® membrane is permanently bonded to outerwear shell fabrics. A single square inch of the Gore-Tex® membrane contains 9 billion microscopic pores - each pore is 20,000 times smaller than a raindrop but 700 times larger than a molecule of water vapor - so while water can't pass through the fabric, perspiration can.

PrimaLoft®
Gram for gram, Primaloft® is warmer - wet or dry.

-5% more warmth when dry vs. leading brand
-15% more warmth when wet vs. leading brand
-Absorbs 18% LESS water vs. leading brand
-Maintains 71% of its original loft after 500,000 cycles under 22lbs of pressure

AgION™ Antimicrobial
A silver agent woven into the footbed inhibits the growth of odors and disease-causing bacteria.

TNF Winter Grip™ Rubber Outsole
A softer, tackier rubber compound designed specifically to provide ample traction in the wettest and slickest foul weather conditions.

Details

Materials: Non-hydrolysis waterproof synthetic nubuck leather and waterproof bomber textile

Insulation: 400g PrimaLoft®

Lining: Dri-Lex® fleece

Footbed: AgION™ antimicrobial dual-density X-2™

Midsole: Compression Molded EVA

Outsole: TNF Winter Grip™ rubber

Comfort Range: -40°F/-40°C

Weight: 2 lbs 15 oz (pair sz9)

Style #AYV4

Manufacturer Warranty Details
The The North Face Mens Lifty 400 GTX Boot includes Manufacturers Limited One Year Warranty

http://www.bobwards.com/bobwards/servlet/item/features/84056-16

I have tried many boots over the years. I finally gave up of the latest boot that will keep your feet warm. I bought a pair of merrell hiking boots with goretex that weren't insulated. I always wear wool socks, lite for warmer weather and heavyweight for colder weather. I also bought the artic boot wraps for hunting on deer stands. My feet are always comfortable and warm.

My vote is irish setters I had 3 pair of rocky in 1 one year.I would get a new pair back from rocky and they would stay dry till I walked outside.I finally got tried of sending them back.NO MORE FOR ME!

I bought a new pair of boots at the beginning of the summer. They are the best boots I have ever worn/owned. Westley Richards "Frontier" Boot. Made of Hippo hide. Wear like iron. Can't say enough about them.
Jeff

Worst hosing I ever took was Rocky boots.Leaked after part of 1 season and started leaving pieces of sole everywhere I went .Called Rocky and was told sorry ,you probably need to buy another pair.Will but they wont say Rocky.I break the law when I wear them because I think those chunks of rubber sole might be called litter.

The best pair of boots I ever had were danner boots... they are pricy but worth the $. I have a pair of Irish Setter boots they are good but the only downside they have are the rubber sole is to stiff... I prefer something with a very soft flexable sole. The irish setters I have a very stiff sole... I have a fallen/slipped a couple times on wet rocks.

Back