FIREFIGHTERS CHALLENGE

Retired with 30 years of putting the wet stuff on the red stuff. Wouldn't have traded it for any other job... well maybe for Bill Gates position and salary, LOL, then could have bought a Fire Department to play with.

Sorry I missed this thread long ago... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif

Worked with many fire agencies in my LE career, always had fun messin with you guys.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowingsmilie.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Never figured out how you hose jockeys could run into a burning building hotter than heck without hesistation, but would hang back when the bullets flew...... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

NOT ALWAYS THOUGH. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif Had to say stay back a couple times. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif I had Rambo dragging a hose wanting at the bad guy... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Of course I always thought you were crazy to run into a burning building too.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif

Food was always good though whether at the station or out at the operations center in the field...... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

But I never thought getting dirty and sweaty was cool either. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I got upset when my spit shined shoes got dirty.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

God bless you for what you do...I couldn't do it.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowingsmilie.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

P.S. Forgot to say thanks to you all for the tickets I got as a traffic cop following you guys on a run, when joe citizen just couldn't seem to pull over and get out of your way. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Still got old timers telling me about that to this day..... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Last edited:
I am an Aircraft Rescue FireFighter in the Marine Corps. Stationed at a very slow base in Quantico, but as hot as jet fuel is when burning, i kinda like my hair and eyebrows a little bit to not have crashes all the time!! Would like to see a crash though to see what its really like!

Andrew

Been a firefighter/medic for 11yrs. love every min. of it. Been a capt. for 5 years now and stil love the feeling of going into a house that is rockin and rollin. Now though instead of being the nozzleman I have to try and keep the probies from tucking tail and running, the first time they go into a real hot fire.

1.5yrs left. The light, walk towards the light /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif.

almost retired, gimpy old bass poop-kirby

Back