FIREFIGHTERS CHALLENGE

cornpone64

I'M MAKING A WAGER THAT THERE ARE MORE MEMBERS THAT ARE FIREFIGHTERS THAN ANY OTHER GROUP!!!!SO, BROTHERS & SISTERS SIGN IN NOW WITH YOUR INFORMATION . I'LL START IT OFF, KNOXVILLE, TN 41 YRS SERVICE, 20 FIREFIGHTIN' 21 ARSON INVEST.RETIRED 2 YRS.

Not anymore, but I have been on three volunteer depts and was an EMT on a volunteer ambulance crew. I have (NM state) fire 1 and 2 certification, and was the training officer on the last dept.

85% of the departments in the country are all or partly volunteer, so let's hear from you too.

25 in, 3 to go before retirement. Unless I catch a Golden BB, before hand /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Does this include, past vol. fireman, or just the present?

Indaintown Vol. Fire Dept, Indaintown Fla,
9 years.......

Miss Fighting the Brush Fires, a real challange, driving a Multi-Fuel 6 by, booster hose thu the flip-up window fighting the fire and driving the truck at the same time.......Many Moons Ago...........The smell of burt sawgrass 1st thing in the Morning......2,000 gal tank w/Hale fire pump

Last edited:
Where's Scott?....he's not a firefighter, but he wants us to think he is.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif sleeping on the side of his truck with his sunglasses on. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif crap! here he comes

16 years volunteer firefighter. Held an office or two and am looking forward to retirement in four years. Those hoses and ladders are getting heavier each year!

And, those late night barn fires make me more tired than they ever have before... Especially when it's minus twenty degrees!

I've seen some nasty things and seen some friends in great peril and had to rescue or extract friends from fires and car wrecks. I'm glad I was able to help but will be glad to be done.

In a small town when there's a call, it's a sure bet you'll know the victim(s). That's a bummer

Randy

You bring up some old memories, Buker.

I'm going to miss, heaving & puking my guts out. Not to mention snot & drool a dangling from my hot sweaty face, whilst the mass's are watching. Et, thats on a good day /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

RFS- Rural fire service, apparently we are the biggest volunteer fire brigade in the world, but we span the whole state with sheds in every town and locality. I was a member back home, and I'm applying for a transfer up here, but they don't make it easy for us (then wonder why they can't get volunteers but thats another story). RFS mainly fights bushfires, and we've has two in my town in the last month, so when my tranfer finally comes through I'll be busy, with all the hazard reduction burns and actual bushfires.

I am in Law enforcement. I imagine there are a few of us in here as well.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

And as a side note: During our fundraiser basketball game, police vs fire dept. We all wore warm up shirts that read....

"God made policeman so firefighters could have heros!"

Ten years on Clare Fire Dept. (volly) with three as a Lt./Training officer and two as Fire Chief before going "full time" for Bay City Fire Dept. for the past six years. And over lapped two of those working at Saginaw Chippewa Tribal Fire Dept.
Been a Paramedic for twelve years.And in my spare time (not) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif I work in the Home Heath Care field.

Plus, my wife has been on Saginaw Chippewa Tribal FD for several years as a volly and works full time as a Paramedic for another county.

As far as the Cops go. They wanted to be Firemen but didn't score high enough on the test! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif

Shameless

Quote:
Where's Scott?....he's not a firefighter, but he wants us to think he is.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif sleeping on the side of his truck with his sunglasses on. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif crap! here he comes

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I am Full Time FF Emt in Weatherford TX. Been here about 6.5 years. I Love it. You see alot of terrible things, but the good out weighs the bad by a long shot.

Woodland firefighter with the Georgia Forestry Commission, soon to be 16yrs. Mainly fight fire with a dozier, but I do have a Type 6 engine that I've grown to enjoy using. Smokey Bear is my hero!

Nick T

God bless our Firemen and policemen,

You guys are heros everyday you show up for work. Two of my best friends are police officers and another one has been a firefighter for 23 years.

Thank you for all you guys do. Our kids today need to look no further for role models and heros, Our firemen, Police officers, and the young men and women who serve this country are perfect for the job.

Rus

i just saw in the paper yesterday, about the firemen on mtr cycles that road across country to the wall in wash, and saw a guy that iwas in a varmit club with back in the 70s!! roland rose (LBFD ret.) and his son RYAN.. great guy!!

How about a firefighting family. My father is Chief on there local township volunter fire department and my sister is the official photographer. I was on the same department but the job I had kept me moving around to much. My father is retiring after this year and my sister will have to step down due to medical reasons.

If my new job dosnt get in the way it is back to traiinng and applying to the volunteer station in the little burg I live in..

Thank you Rad4, it is really a job where you don't see much appreciation or respect. Even though LE and Fire jok about stuff it's nothing but respect on the job. We show up to do traffic control on fires and they show up on acidents that we take. We even have a co-ed sofball team with police and fire. Lots of respect thats for sure.

Radd4 I'm with you. My brother has been with the Los Angeles City Fire Department for more then 30 years as an engineer and paramedic. God only knows how many lives he has saved and people he has helped.
The Fire Department and Police Department don't get the credit they are due. They don't really care about that, they just do there job everyday.
God bless everyone of them no matter where they live.

been volunteering for two depts. 15 years at one and 12 years at the other. been captain for 10 years on one dept. still enjoy doing it.

Back