Wyoming Prairie Dogs?

goob312

Just found out I'll be spending the summer in Lander Wyoming so I thought I'd find out if there as any good varmint hunting in that area. I will be working in and around the Wind River Indian Reservation so I was hoping there is some in the area. I know it is kind of on the border of prairie dog habitat so I thought I'd ask if anybody knows of much in that area. I am somewhat familar with the BLM land but not sure if any of that has dogs on it. Maybe one of the other Wyoming boys could verify to me that it doesn't cost anything for a license to shoot varmints in Wyoming is that correct?

Roger that, goob. No license for PD's. You'll find them just about anywhere. Bring a good pair of bino's with you, because they aren't usually found too close to roads. Those that are, are pretty skittish.

Check BLM's website to locate a field office. They have maps of BLM land. Once when I stopped in one of the staff suggested a couple of spots to try. Ditto NASA, no license required unless you are on a res.

You are going to be in PD CENTRAL bring plenty of ammo. Not only is there alot of PD's theres a TON of ground squrrils too. They are more fun to me then the PD's catch um on the the runw ith a lever action .22 thats a GOOD TIME!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

It is also legal to spotlight jack rabbits on private land...That a really good time also. Almost takes me back to the old days. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Back