Way Up Nort! PM Gathering in Medicine Hat.

mikegranger

It's late on the first day, Redfrog is sleeping and I'm giving everyone an update. Our aged coyote hunting buddies need their sleep! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

The first day was windy, snowy and foggy early in the morning and just windy later on. Despite all of this, 5 dedicated PM coyote hunters headed out to see what kind of damage they could inflict on the local coyote population.

One of the teams did well, the other team of 3, well, I'll let them tell their story! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif

Myself and Albertacoyotecaller had a great day, killing 6 fine Nothern Supreme coyotes. Of course, they were fooled by superior skills and coyote calling techniques. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Several other hunters showed up this afternoon. Looks like we'll have over a dozen folks here tomorrow.

iced.jpg

Two of six coyotes that came in over the ice. In the background you can see tracks out on the ice. A little scary but the ice was good and thick.

beat.jpg

Greg wasn't quit prepared to be following Granger up and down the hills. He survived the day and is ready for more tomorrow.

2double.jpg

A nice double to start the day. The fur on these coyotes is still great.

sunsetoverthehat.jpg

Sunset over Medicine Hat. Does it get much better? Six coyotes in the truck, good company and a beautiful sunset!

Great pics. using digital callers or hand? Is that a river? if so you guys have some brass balls collecting those two yotes lol. Me and a buddy nearly lost a truck through the ice 2 weeks ago, and that was on still water.

Those sure are some nice lookin Yotes! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif Whats the average weight on those critters! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif Thanks for the excellent pic's! Hope you all stack em like cord wood. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

We used all hand calls on the yotes, and yes that was a river with open areas on it but we are die hard yote hunters and that would never stop us. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

The yotes probably weighed around the 35Lbs mark but felt like 100lbs after dragging them up hill. I don't think there was a yote we shot that was on level ground. Everything seemed to be below us a couple of hundred feet. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

You guys should come up next year. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Hey are you guys doing this hunt again this year? & albertacoyotecaller I believe you were at a ghopher shoot at tompkins this year? Iam I right or wrong, you look familiar, Iam in regina, sask and Love calling in coyotes and would be willing to do a weekend calling, just throwing it out there.

And hi this is my first post on This site

Hey I'm 75 miles west of you in Belt! We have some great hunting areas around here, we should hook up for a day of yote busting!!!

Back