Coyote hunting Ky.

possumal

I first hunted coyotes 8 years ago here in Ky., and have hunted nothing else since. I specialize in the problem coyotes, mostly calf killers. Anyone who is interested in hunting sometime, let me know. I have lots of farms to hunt, with a good population of big coyotes. I will gladly send you pictures if you email me at coyotepossum57@alltel.net.

Im up for a hunt with someone new anytime I hunt ky and ohio both been callin cyotes for about 6 years now i do alot of problem cyote hunting too, get alot of cattle farms complaints.

I saw 2 today got 1 about 300 yards out,busted this one with the .204
365829.jpg

Im in Southern Ohio right on the KY line, I am will to hook up with some of you all that are close.

Were you all at in KY?

You all should also think about coming down to the LBL hunt!

Brent

Man it IS A SMALL WORLD!!! My wife is from WV as well and I have been ALL over your area Bronco! I have hunted around Bim,Van,Logan,Whitesville, and Ramage on up through Jasper workmans hollow. My wife is from Danville/Madison. Love the area and can't wait to actually do some calling there as my hunting trips have been bowhunting for deer.

Hello Straycat: I am located in Nicholasville, and hunt mostly in Jessamine, Fayette, Mercer, Anderson, and Barren Counties. Called in and killed a big pair late yesterday in a textbook hunt from a to z. Used fawn decoys and scent, and red fox urine by the caller. Killed the female at 125 yds and then coaxed the male to return and got him at about 145. They had been killing calves and fawns on this guy's farm. I love to fool 'em that way.
Al Prather

Hey KeeKee: Willing to learn has a lot to do with it. An old trapper friend of mine gave me the best advice I have ever received; learn to think like a coyote if that is what you want to hunt. That was over 8 years ago, and I have sent a lot of them to the Coyote hunting ground. If you have some good hunting country up your way, I would be open to travel and show you some of my techniques.
Al Prather

P.S. Go to www.varmintal.com, click on Hunting success stories, and scroll down to the section he dedicated to me, featuring some of the bigger ones I have killed. Also, I was the featured predator hunter of the year by Primos in his 1999 Catalog.

Hey Al, I didn't realize that coyotes got that big! That is really one nice yote. I have a Aunt & Uncle who live at Midway, Woolery & Helen Haynes, you may know them. I love hunting them here in Leslie Co. which is 90 minutes East of Lexington. Good story!

Hey KyRay: Sorry to be so slow in responding to your message, but I haven't been on any of the forums in quite a while. The 58 lb. coyote responded to my favorite howler to use during mating season. It is an older, closed reed Primos that is really loud and high pitched. I was hunting a hay field just up out of the river cliffs in Woodford County. He came up into the edge of the hay field about 200 yds. away and just stood there watching for a good three minutes or more. Then he started up a culvert heading to the highest point in the hay field. When he got to a point about 150 yds from me, I stopped him and then stopped him for good. I howled two or three more times, and another big male came into the field from a higher point about 300 yds out, and I had him coming just right, but he either saw that big rascal down there laying dead, or smelled him and had his butt whipped previously by him. Before I could stop him for the shot, he reversed and was gone quicker than your mind will work. The 58 lb. one is the heaviest I ever killed and he was the biggest too. I killed one that weighed 56 and one that weighed 54 that were built thicker, but this thing was built more like a long legged wolf. I don't hunt them in hot weather at all, but my time is coming.

hey there im in kentucky also i live down in hazard if u know where thats at it would be pretty awesome to come up there and hunt some of those coyotes with u but ive only been hunting for a few years and only killed 1 but ive called in 9 i think its because im not very experinced with the calls i have but anyways reply back to me

Last edited:
Hey Kyyotes: Stay in touch. I'll be getting serious with the coyotes in about another month. Be glad to have you come down anytime.

hey possumal i'm in cave city ky and was wondering what part of barren county you hunt. i dont have any spots to hunt yet but have a few to look at and get permission. mabe we can hook up somtime and go hunting.

Back