Large Frame AR 308/.243 Brass Catcher

TXCOONDOG

What brass catchers are ya'll using on your large frame AR's with your TRIPOD Setups?

Also, let me know if you found a brass catcher that has worked on a bolt action too.

Last edited:

I don't have a large frame AR, all are smalls. I use the ones that velcro around the hand guard with zero issues, not sure if they carry over to large.

Earlier this year, I stumbled across a brass catcher on the WWW for bolt guns that used a magnet to stick to the action. I never booked mark it, and couldn't find it again. I'll have to put the google-foo back to work again.

I don't use one on my .260 AR10 because the brass is so hot it melts the nylon mesh. I use Caldwell bag type and the goat on my AR15's.

I designed these copying Reb's design but bigger and with a bigger pouch, and velcro to attach the bottom part so it doesn't flap out when the brass hits it. They work great on my 243's for hunting or range, with a limited capacity of course. I empty it after each successful stand.

83MTbsFl.jpg

iHSdXAVl.jpg

I have the 3 Bucc bag, its canvas and I have never had a heat issue. Their website says its for AR15/10 style frames but then lists that its not compatible with Billet AR10 recievers...???

Back