Double Time

DoubleUp

It was nice and cool last night with a pretty stiff northeast breeze which made June calling pleasant. I actually saw this pair as I was riding in on the Razor, but had to wait for it to get darker before trying to call them. The female wasn't having any part of it, but the male just couldn't resist. I killed him at about 100 yds. The female circled all the way around 180 degrees trying to get the wind and get back to where her mate was having a bad day. My first shot hit her a little back, but still fatal. I missed on my first follow-up but connected on the last one at about 200 yds. going straight away.

Good show, Owen.
thumbup.gif

Regards,
Clarence

Northeast at "the sound" and SW PA also. Must be a big wind mass-tehe. It will never stop to amaze me how they can move after taking one in the boiler like the first one. Thanks
I also got out and killed one last night BUT forgot to hit record--this getting old sucks at times.

Thanks for taking time to respond guys. I've always heard that getting old is not for "sissies." But, I don't know yet since I'm only 76. Maybe Clarence can let you know.
smile.gif

Seriously, I can't remember to hit record either when coyotes are coming. I just start mine recording when the stand begins and then edit out what is not of any use once I get it on the computer.

Originally Posted By: jmeddyIt will never stop to amaze me how they can move after taking one in the boiler like the first one.

That was my first thought, as well, JM!

Originally Posted By: DoubleUpI've always heard that getting old is not for "sissies." But, I don't know yet since I'm only 76. Maybe Clarence can let you know.

Since you asked....about the time I retired, finally made high master rifle classification @ age 62, then switched to hunting 3 days a week, almost every week until 82 or so. Started winding down along about then, and now you have to line me up with a fence post to see if I'm moving.
wink.gif
Best advice I can give you, Owen, is don't slow down; once you do, its progressive.

I will say I am blessed, every day is a gift. Lost my best friend last week. He was the brother I never had; a great hunting/fishing buddy since high school days. I'm very grateful that we did manage to get in four afternoons of nilgai hunting in January, this year. RIP, Don.

Regards,
Clarence

Sorry to hear about your friend Clarence. I'm sure he didn't stay around you all those years without being ready to meet Jesus, so your loss is Heaven's gain.

I know that point is coming Clarence when I can't do what I've always done, but as you said, I'm going to put it off as long as possible. The way things are looking, none of us may have that much longer to "get it right with Him."

You're 100% correct. Thank you, sir. Amazing how time flies, isn't it?

Hang in there, and keep posting those great videos.

Regards,
Clarence

Thanks Clarence, and it sure doesn't take long to get from a young man to where I am. Of course the only day we have for sure is TODAY.

Yea Owen, when I ran the SH I also recorded from the time my butt hit the ground (only after Kirsch told me to do it).
Berings seem to be very battery miserly--this Thermion XG50, not so much. I do think I am going to set it up one night to see how long it will last if recording with 2 internal batteries and my anker 6700 power pack hooked up.
With them recording all the time it is interesting to see all the bats and birds and critters that I sometimes don't see with the scanner. Actually had a couple coyotes recorded that I never saw--NOW TALK ABOUT FEELING INCOMPETENT!

Mike, I think everyone probably finds out that even with thermal they miss a lot of things that a thermal recording captures. My hunting partner has the older Pulsar XP50 and he turns his recording on and then goes into the standby mode until he sees a coyote or something he wants to investigate. When he turns the scope back on it automatically starts recording. I don't know if that would work with you scope.

Good show, DoubleUp. The numbers keep climbing.

HM, sorry to hear about your buddy passing. I know the feeling. Mine passed away about 7 years ago. Doesn’t seem more than 3 or 4. Time has a way of zooming by.

I would be interested in whether that works on your scope Mike. As I mentioned, it works well for my hunting buddy with his Thermion XP50. He doesn't have an editing program and so it also keeps me from having to edit out a bunch of useless footage from his videos.

Owen, it does work as your buddies. I tried it last night but really don’t like having to hit the on button as l sometimes have trouble pressing it correctly, especially with gloves. Did remember to hit record last night and will post in the next day or so.

Back