Got my new Savage 110 Hunter

hylander

Got my new Savage Hunter .223 the other day.
All set up ready for the range hopefully Sunday morning.
I loaded up about 10 different loads to try after Break-in.
This thing has a very long throat,
Couple of examples of OCL:
55 Vmax 2.350
40 Nosler 2.400
55 FMJ 2.360
55 Barnes MPG 2.310
Good thing the Mag has the room.
Most of the loads I made up are jumping atleast .050 to the lands,
Except the 55 MPG, it is only .010 off the lands.

52908628486_5d4013c178_c.jpg

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: CoyotejunkiI am curious what size groups you'll get with your new Savage. I have a couple myself.

Hoping to find out tomorrow morning

Originally Posted By: DiRTY DOGLooks good and should shoot well. How do you like that new AccuStock?

Just handling it at home, I love it. Comfy and solid, tomorrow at the range will tell

Two trips to the range so far.
Found two loads it likes.
40gr Nosler lead free and 53 V-max on top of 8208XBR.
Both shoot under .75 Moa.
My 55 Barnes load is to hot, (pressure signs) gotta back it down.

What trigger do you have on that? Maybe its just the resolution of the pic, but i dont see the accutrigger blade.

I have several savage rifles that are all fantastic shooters. About to put together another, (stainless lightweight action, accufit stock, 16" .223 barrel from carbon six) but the [beeep] recoil lug i ordered with the barrel was not shipped. So the project is on hold until i get my recoil lug. Emailed carbonsix about that today. Holiday weekend, expect i wont hear back for a few days.

Going to swap out the accutrigger for an elf trigger, see how i like it. After putting geissele sde triggers on a couple ars, i just really like the flat faced triggers, so im hoping this elf trigger for the savage will be good. If it is, i guess ill have to order a few more, for consistency.

Sorry for late reply.
Standard Accu-Trigger.
Also I just sent the rifle back to Savage as the bore looks like a D4 Cat drove down it.
Coppers up bad and fast, took forever to get the Copper out.
They said about 5-8 weeks turn around time.

Last edited:
Almost got my new 223 going today, but after setting the head space i went to put the ejector back in the bolt face and with a little slip up i launched it into the netherworld, so im waiting on a new ejector before i can actually shoot it. But just dry firing the elf trigger, ill say i really like it. Didnt adjust it at all, as it came from the factory its breaking at 1lb 3oz. If youre not too stoked on the accutrigger, may be worth giving the elf trigger a trym

Figured i should add, that as soon as i emailed carbon six about the missing recoil lug, they had it in my mail box licketysplit. Second barrel ive bought from them, and that one and only problem was corrected real quick. Still waiting on my new ejector so i can shoot this one, but my .308 with their barrel is a 1/2 moa gun with a lpvo, so i have high hopes for this .223. Really like the feel of this elf trigger and cant wait to try it out.
YvdiMP.jpg

Back