Helmet mounted thermal scanner options?

I agree that it is pricy.
Just another option for whomever might be interested.
The BAE 12 micron core is pretty hard to beat IMO.

wow... if i only had more money!!!

I love the idea of helmet mounted scanning.. but the cost is crazy... even if you skimp on the helmet, hardware to make one stable on a cheap helmet and some DIY fabricating you are still looking at several hundred to 1k. and that is just for me to try it out.. who knows if ill like it!

Originally Posted By: pmackSnow board helmet, $60, going on 3rd season.

Im interested in the hardware used...looks like a norotos Rhino 2?? but what about the shroud?? and the fitting to the scope how did you fabricate the fitting into the rhino?

Originally Posted By: Borkborknomnom
Im interested in the hardware used...looks like a norotos Rhino 2?? but what about the shroud?? and the fitting to the scope how did you fabricate the fitting into the rhino?
Aluminum flat stock drilled and tapped.

Resurrecting this one as new units come along frequently in the thermal market and predator hunters are a pretty resourceful bunch.
Has anyone came up with a better way to skin it?

Originally Posted By: THErealjbyrdResurrecting this one as new units come along frequently in the thermal market and predator hunters are a pretty resourceful bunch.

What exactly are you trying to accomplish?

Originally Posted By: skinneyOriginally Posted By: THErealjbyrdResurrecting this one as new units come along frequently in the thermal market and predator hunters are a pretty resourceful bunch.

What exactly are you trying to accomplish?

#1 what scanners are being used /preferred
#2 how are users attaching said units to helmets

Originally Posted By: THErealjbyrdExactly the info I'm looking for Doubleup! We'll done sir

It ultimately depends on your budget.
There's an expensive way to do it, and cheaper way to do it.
I use the TW Carbon Exfil, with a G22 an RQE, EOG counterwieight, PT visible and IR light, with a PVS-14 and RH25 bridged. It's a spendy set up but if you plan on doing it hard, and use the equipment for multiple purposes, it may be beneficial to look into a more professional rig.

IF you have any questions or need any details shoot me a PM I'll get you my number and I can help you out.

Picked up a mount off ebay (actually for a pulsar axion I was working a used deal on that fell through) and modded it for the ASP TM 35/640 I ended up getting. Works perfect and I REALLY like the ASP. I just swap from nvg's dovetail to therm when I get to stand

Also would like to add that the ASP TM35/640 is a great unit. I am 100% happy with it. It's super light priced VERY low for the resolution. I also like the 1/4-20 mount point.its interface is simple and intuitive.

Back