HEY SKINNY!!!! You, John, and Keith have competition!!! LOL

What has been so amazing about the thermals is that it opens a whole new world....one you don't know exists. What I mean is that you see things there is now way to see with night vision or even bright lights. For example several times we pulled into one of our farms and there were deer in small brush that we couldn't see with the head lights as we drove in. Even after we parked, got out, slammed the doors, talked quietly to each other the deer still stayed there. They were evidently positive we couldn't see them.

In the video I started this thread with, we called a bobcat into the call 3 times. Called him in and let him leave. The third time he even walked right past a rabbit at 10 yards in a bare field. We called him in with a rabbit call but he evidently couldn't see the real rabbit or wasn't hungry at all. This is about 2/3 of the way through the video on black hot.

Amazing view into an unseen world.

Originally Posted By: bluedog69What has been so amazing about the thermals is that it opens a whole new world....one you don't know exists. What I mean is that you see things there is now way to see with night vision or even bright lights. Good job to you and your boys. I hear you about thermal. I've run blueticks for years and still have 5 so have spent many nights in the woods. Thermal brings the night to life and you see everything that makes the tracks you don't see with lights. Good video.

Originally Posted By: Dark moon 63Originally Posted By: bluedog69What has been so amazing about the thermals is that it opens a whole new world....one you don't know exists. What I mean is that you see things there is now way to see with night vision or even bright lights. Good job to you and your boys. I hear you about thermal. I've run blueticks for years and still have 5 so have spent many nights in the woods. Thermal brings the night to life and you see everything that makes the tracks you don't see with lights. Good video.

I used to raise blueticks also. Smokey River and Jet bred mainly. I had a female at one time that was 3rd place reproducer of Nites and Grand Nites. I miss those days. I might have to get a pup after I retire to introduce the boys to hounds and coons.

Well I think the boys are offically addicted to coyote calling now.
Had to drag them to an archery 3D shoot. Well, I didn't have to drag to hard,
but I couldn't get their brains off of live dogs and onto foam frogs.(yes they have frog targets nowadays at 3D shoots) Once they hit the course though they are now serious about practicing and hitting some 3D competitions now.

Once it is dark out though they are hitting the couch and Youtube searching for new
thermal videos. I may have created a monster(or two)LOL.

Originally Posted By: baitpileJust...OUTSTANDING!! Way to go Dad! Way to go Boys! In the world we live in today, this is absolutely refreshing and fun to watch! Congrats boys and keep up the good work!

I just noticed your avatar. My dad was a P51 pilot in WWII. He had a J3 cub he flew off of our farm. Unfortunately I wasn't born yet. Later he flew model airplanes. Of course he had several P51's and a couple of Cubs also. N70509 was his planes number.

It is good to have good memories!

Back