Timber Road Coyotes

DoubleUp

Videos from Monday night and Wednesday night. We've been trying to thin some coyotes from a couple of deer clubs that don't have land bordering fields. So, we are restricted to calling timber roads. Winds are very fickle and always seem to be swirling down the roads. It makes it easy for coyotes to go downwind and never be seen or bust us even if they come in the road. My partner made a couple of really nice kills under difficult conditions.

#65 by Double Up, on Flickr

That heavily wooded stuff looks a lot like our kind of country. Working logging roads and brush choked clear cuts. Used to climb up on slash piles to call them out of the reprod.

Good shooting. Those Texas heart shots are surprisingly effective with the right bullet.

Thanks guys, and yes calling on timber roads has it's own set of challenges. When you fool one to come on the road, you better kill it because it won't happen twice.

Originally Posted By: DoubleUpThanks guys, and yes calling on timber roads has it's own set of challenges. When you fool one to come on the road, you better kill it because it won't happen twice.

Welcome to my world so I make sure that every shot counts for that reason!! Alot of educated coyotes by others where I hunt (public land) which has made be a better hunter (using tactics that others don't use which is why I use my handcalls in combination with an e-caller)

Nice work!!!

Thanks TX, and yes every geographic location has it's own set of parameters that need to be punched to work well.

Back